Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 08-12-2022, 07:26 PM

Kkc is on a distinguished road

Depends when you do questioning

Varying and interim order and imputting pre trial are quite difficult as the sentiment is to get the thing to trial
In our case the judge decided that I was massively overpaying and waiting for a trial would not be fair

If she kept me paying at previous amount I’d likely have to sell my house
It’s amazing how shitty the system is
Old 08-13-2022, 08:26 AM

Stillbreathing will become famous soon enough

Mediation is voluntary for both parties. It appears to be causing a problem as your ex is using it as a stall tactic and is refusing to sign the agreement. Simple solution: eliminate mediation as an obstacle and a weapon. Tell them you are no longer willing to mediate. That problem/obstacle taken care of.

Your ex is high conflict, therefor mediation/arbitration is a bad choice. My ex is high conflict and like yours, initially refused to sign the med/arb agreement. He eventually did and then managed to stall med/arb proceedings for 5 years! Do not proceed with mediation with a high conflict ex!!!!!
Total waste of time and money. Just don’t!
Old 08-13-2022, 08:51 AM

Mediation did work for a kid agreement to get into therapy

I think I need to expose she is insolvent at a settlement conference with a very good offer in hand

If she still stalls, I will do a motion to get all the money in trust, her parents may back off bc there is no money left.

This next judge hopefully will endorse her with bad faith negotiations.
She likely won’t provide disclosure.
Next would be to try and reduce her support as a means to get her to move her ass
Old 08-13-2022, 09:46 AM

also...her lawyer said we should not disclose anything and we should let these two mediate

but then i pressed her personally to sign up, and a letter to him soon saying sign up for mediation or question...
but yes at some point we will need a judge to take over the case as its going on 4 years and only way to get it to an end is to start reducing support by way of my impending credits or further imputation

I have seen so many people suddenly be able to get back to work when their sickness/accident benefits expire..amazing how that happens