Evidence in family court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidence in family court

Hello all, need some advice on how evidence is treated in family court. Judge told us to send requests to admit before trial.

From what I have read if there are documents that are large in volume we can write the name/date/author etc of the document and was it with request to admit.

Do I HAVE to by law send the request to admit? It will be boxes of files that I will have to send to other party with request to admit! Or is there an alternative?

You don't "have to".

But the Judge doesn't "have to" believe anything that isn't presented as legitimate evidence, either.

Choose your own adventure?

There are other ways to present evidence, such as during testimony during trial. But it's easier to have the documents nailed down before trial. No need for any surprises.
    Last edited by wretchedotis; 02-22-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

we are not tryng to surprise the other party on trial. Just were wondering how to send the stuff. we have so many emails and texts, and lots of assesments and documents. I guess we will just send the whole box with the request to admit.

Comment

LOL! I sure will ...and really if we don't send some doc with request to admit we cannot use it at trial? we didn't know that! So best we send EVEYTHING so that nothing is left out just in case we might need it,

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X