X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aden, Did you talk to you son?

Hey Aden,

I think you deserve your own thread to keep us posted on contacting your son. Any luck tonight? Did you speak with him? Keep us posted.

Grace
    Last edited by Grace; 01-29-2006, 09:11 PM.

Aden - you are sure cared about around here!

Im with Grace - please keep us updated.

Comment

NO I have not

No , nothing at all from him..not a word..his Mom must be very, Very upset...it is not like her at all to be this way..she`s dug her heels in hard..I do not understand ..she always said he could call ..no matter what...I can hardly sleep...at all...I am not sure why this has had to happen...I have not heard a word from him in 11 days..
      I just don`t get it..Thank you..I am mgoing to try and call her later today.. thanks for the support...
      Aden..

Comment

Aden,

It is the child's right to have a meaningful MAXIMIZED relationship and contact with you.

I don't think your ex is very child centred for with holding contact between you and your son. It is just vindictive - 11 days - thats a long time for a young child to go without seeing or hearing from a parent.

Comment

Aden,

You keep documenting your attempts to see him and her reasons for withholding him.

As LogicalVelocity stated ... this clearly is NOT child centered.

A MIGHTY blessing that your circumstances to see you son would change for the best ... that the clouds would give way and an opportunity would open for you to see and hear him.

Hubby

Comment

Aden,

From another thread - quotes

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405

Madame Justice Trussler in

Tremblay v. Tremblay

Alberta Court of Queen's Bench, Judgment: September 1, 1987
            Docket: Edmonton No. 4803 61390

" I start with the premise that a parent has the right to see his or her children and is only to be deprived of that right if he or she has abused or neglected the children. Likewise, and more important, a child has a right to the love, care and guidance of a parent. To be denied that right by the other parent without sufficient justification, such as abuse or neglect, is, in itself, a form of child abuse."

Withholding or not promoting phone communication between child and parent - this action alone speaks for itself when the above quote is taking into consideration.

Judicial opinion and philosophy of law can go a long way to help and promote one's position and stance in their case.
            Last edited by logicalvelocity; 01-30-2006, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Aden,

Keep trying, don't give up.

Comment

Grace is right Aden...keep trying !!

The operative word is "trying"...Aden you have to do whatever is in your abilities to stay in your kids lives even if it isn't promoted by your ex. If you are doing various things to stay involved with your kids then you have something to document. If you are just counting days going by that no one contacts you.....well , I don't think that holds much water these days.
                It isn't assumed you are a great parent, you have to show it now.

Take great care

Comment

I am trying..

I have tried to page her again.. and have him call me..I was practically pleading..I am heratbroken beyond belief....I hope for the best...I am doing what I can to hear from him...she must be terribly upset with me.. for not letting him even call me....at all....no contact....
                  Thank you everyone..
                  I truly thank you very much...
                  Thanks.. trying to keep my head up....

Comment

My son called me...

Our son finally called me tonite and we spoke for ten minutes.. it was great I got lots of I love you`s and lots of kisses over the phone..it was great...
                    I am not going off the deep end but i am happy I heard his voice..we had a great chat..
                    FINALLY....

Comment

I'm a new member ( few days ) and have been reading your posts. My heart goes out to you!! I was thrilled to read you finally spoke with your son tonight!!!

Comment

What a relief ADEN !! Great news !!
                        What about tommorrow or the day after...any idea, when you resume your involved role as Daddy.

Comment

One link I used...

Here, I don't know if you want to go this route, however, I give you thiss link and more as I find my notes.

http://www.reenasommerassociates.mb.ca/a_parent.html

Good luck
                          Duped

Comment

Aden,

I'm so happy for you that your heard your son, including all his loves you and kisses.

Just a suggestion on keeping in contact with a young child. Kids love receiving mail. Why don't you send him a package with some paper, crayon/makers and a self address envelope. Including a Love You Too Note. You may receive in response some "priceless" artwork from your son.

Comment

aden,

I am glad that you finally spoke to your son. However, only speaking to your son over the telephone once perhaps every two weeks is far from reasonable and far from acceptable. Children need frequent interaction with parents to foster and to grow their relationship. If this does not occur, the relationship will not flourish.

It appears you have a trend on your hands. I think you should take legal steps by way of the courts and get yourself a regular frequent access regime.

As the other parent you do have a right to know where this child is residing and a right to know about the welfare and health of the child in the SAME capacity as the defacto custody parent. It is your right to know how the child is progressing in school and any other extra curricular events.

I personally think your ex is abusing you and abusing the process for what appears to be holding your child for a ransom.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X