This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want her to buy me out, looking for advice

I am writing this in the hopes that I can find a resolution to a mess that I am in.

I have been in a common-law relationship for the last 17 years with the same woman. In August 1999, we bought a townhouse together and shared in the duties and responsibilities that owning a home entails.

Last year, I announced to her that I was having an affair with another woman. She asked me to move out and I did. During the time away from my home, I continued to make my mortgage payments and also covered some incidental costs such as vet bills, etc.

The relationship with the other woman is now over and I am back in the house we own together. To say that it has been strained and stressful is an understatement. There has been violence from both parties, the police have been involved and we both spent some time in a jail cell. Something I never want to go through again.

Now, I am eager to either sell the property or have her buy me out. She refuses to listen to these options. The advice I have received so far is to keep a log of all the episodes of harassment that she is committing against me. The list continues to grow every day.

I have a home based business as a graphic designer and she is making it increasingly difficult to concentrate oon my clients and get any work done. Some examples of the havoc she is wreaking are:

Turning off the circuit breaker to my home office so I am unable to do much more than use the phone,
    Randomly picking up the phone while I am on a call with a client and/or terminating the call on me.

I would like to meet with someone to determine what my options are.

Thank you
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X