Case Conference mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Conference mistakes

I didn't ask for the moon but I did ask for something substantial and what I think is what the current status quo is. There is child support, decision making, minor mobility.
    A brief has to be submitted, how critical is it that I get this right? I believe this is going to trial or at the very least the other side will hold out until the last minute.

Need experienced opinion on what is critical that I include and not include in the brief and affidavit. I don't want to get trapped in some battle for costs and threat of trial, it does no one good.

thank you

I was self-repped for my case conferences but hired a lawyer to first, show me how by brief should look, be formatted, and what should be included, and then review it before I submitted it to the court to make sure I didn't make any big mistakes.

Comment

This has a good description of what to address in your brief:

https://familycourt.cleo.on.ca/en/ap...ase-conference

Comment

What's the point of a case conference:
        - what are the issues
        - can they agree to settle any issue
        - can they agree to a temp order on any issue
        - do they have/need anymore disclosure
        - book a settlement conference

Just like 1st appearance is to book a cc - Cc is to book a SC. The only mistake you can make is not booking your next step.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X