Ex Motivated by money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex Motivated by money

I am looking for advice on the best way to word in an affidavit "that my ex is motivated by money and that is why they are not agreeing to equal parenting time". or is it something I should just leave for judge to extrapolate?

Originally posted by 416excouple View Post
    I am looking for advice on the best way to word in an affidavit "that my ex is motivated by money and that is why they are not agreeing to equal parenting time". or is it something I should just leave for judge to extrapolate?

Leave for the judge to extrapolate. They are pretty savvy. Simply outline why shared parenting is in the kids’ best interest.

Comment

Stick to provable facts and avoid making statements with the intention of making the other party look bad. It rarely works and can end up making you look petty. Let their actions speak for themselves, judges aren't stupid.

At most, you could suggest that your ex has provided no valid reason why you shouldn't have 50-50.

Comment

Agree with Blinkandimgone. In addition, if you ever get to trial and start blabbing off at the mouth about this, the judge will shut you down so fast, your head will be spinning. Why? Because you can’t possibly know what another person is thinking or what motivates them. That is called hearsay. If you try to introduce hearsay evidence at trial you will discover that the court will not tolerate it. So why start now?

Comment

Also of note…your submission is additional evidence for consideration after trial. If the judge is giving you a chance to provide additional info for them to consider in the decision, don’t put bold statements that are not based in fact.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the valuable inputs. I agree.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X