Police, Contempt or A.L.L?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
    I let my son (also 7) get a mohawk two weeks ago. Mom initially was not impressed but it's his hair. I told her that it was his hair and asked her who it was hurting. I was always allowed to do WHATEVER i wanted with my hair when I was a kid... It always grows back and you can always shave it off if you don't like it.

Although I'm all about personal responsibility hair and earrings are two totally different things.

I've been asked to not to do the Mohawk again which I will probably stick too.
    Hey you know what, once a year? No big deal - I can roll with the punches. But truthfully, it's a disrespectful haircut to allow a child to have. Call me 'old-fashioned'.

Your opinion need not match mine. But I want my son raised 'this' way.

My parents always rolled with the punches when I did similar things - but at that point it was ME doing it, not my parents getting it done for me.
    Last edited by wretchedotis; 07-23-2013, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I'd be ticked off but chances are she'd get little if any reprimand in court. I've got little experience in family court, but from what I've seen, the judges tend to throw issues like this back at the parents and tell them to work it out. It's much easier said than done but it's the position they take.

Comment

Pretty awful that your son's ears are being turned into a warzone. It's going to be hard finding a middle ground between ignoring the earrings and letting the kid and mother find a chink in your parenting, and taking them out right away and escalating the fight with both of them.

I would ask him to convince you why they should stay in, and this should include assurances that he'll be taking good care of them till they heal. Otherwise, out they come before they have a chance to get infected.

I look at him going behind your back and getting his mom's permission to do things you have already said no to as a precursor to him doing things on his own that you've already said no to. It needs to be nipped in the bud, but is his mother just going to get them pierced again on her next access as an act of defiance? How awful for your son.

Or maybe a 'no earrings in my house till your mom and I agree on it' rule so out they come at the door. If he wants to clean them and try to put them back in when he leaves the house next time, good luck to him.

Your ex posting pictures on FB for you to see it instead of just letting him come home with them is just being boastful and rebellious and immature. And getting under your skin is exactly why she did it, not for her son's wishes at all. So removing them at the door because there's a clear rule about him not getting another answer from his other parent when he doesn't like yours may forestall any argument.

Comment

It makes no damn sense at all. The first email I sent about it was to my lawyer. The second was to the parenting assessor.

She's torpedoing any case she has for increased time...increased time would require increased communication and increased cooperation. She's sworn up and down she's willing to do it, but then she goes around and pulls stunts like this.

Actions speak louder than words.

Even my lawyer is amazed at it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X