Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case is published:

http://www.canlii.org/fr/qc/qcca/doc...6qcca1874.html

The last few paragraphs basically highlight what a stubborn idiot my ex-wife was that justified cutting her off.

Really spectacular....

I've just filed motion to end child support and a seizure against her to get 1000$ in court costs that I was awarded. The fun is just beginning...

Comment

Can that be translated to English? I highly doubt using an online translator would suffice, due to the tedious nature of the content.

Comment

It's good enough https://translate.google.ca/translat...-text=&act=url

It bears emphasizing that this was won based on the quality of my cross-examination at the trial of the first instance.

Winning in court isn't just a matter of doing the paper work, there is some skill in knowing what you need to prove, what it takes to prove and repeating that for all important facts.

It's also a lot of set-up work - you need put yourself in winning circumstance in real life because if the facts are not going to help you then you are vulnerable at trial.
        Last edited by Links17; 11-27-2016, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Winning in court isn't just a matter of doing the paper work, there is some skill in knowing what you need to prove, what it takes to prove and repeating that for all important facts.

It's also a lot of set-up work - you need put yourself in winning circumstance in real life because if the facts are not going to help you then you are vulnerable at trial.
          These two paragraphs are the result of a lot of practical experience. Anyone going through court (whether self-represented or not) should print them out and keep them close at hand.

Comment

Thank for sharing, Links17!

Based on my own experiences, the words, "their marriage was of the traditional type" fill me with fear like no other words can. Family law will be the death of marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by ifonlyihadknown View Post
              Thank for sharing, Links17!

Based on my own experiences, the words, "their marriage was of the traditional type" fill me with fear like no other words can. Family law will be the death of marriage.
              It's almost exactly the reason why once I found out my ex-wife was having her little sexting adventures and made no real sign of remorse. I moved to terminate the marriage as soon as possible. Every 2 days I left her fat ass at home to sit on facebook represented 2 days of paying for her trash ass before the marriage and 1 day after....... I remembered reading the law and seeing how it twisted what I thought to a be a kind behaviour of letting my wife the luxury of being a SAHM to how I destroyed her career possibilities and I would "owe" her for that. Fuck You Law.... She can go work at 12$/hr and not blame me for robbing her the chance of working at a retail job.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X