Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
    Arabians right.

My lawyer (or friend of the court) said he could legally send transcripts to employers b/c it's not slander if it's real. She did say however it would be considered "tampering with witnesses". It seems ex's lawyer knows Im liked in the community and have lots of references. Hes basically saying...if they come forward Ill show transcripts or private life, etc. That's "tampering" and illegal I believe.
    I'm sure the LOA lawyer would be looking for a new career if he embarked on that course of action.

Boy that schmuck lawyer must be desperate and "sucking hind tittie" if he has to resort to these sorts of threats. LOL.

After this whole thing sinks in and you have time to contemplate I'm sure you'll see the ridiculousness of this whole thing. I mean, you're not Rob Ford and you're not running for public office. Your employer's response would be "WHO CARES" "Our employee's private life is just that - private."

Comment

• You think I should see the shrink? Get the checkmarks and good report to bring to court?

Need disclosure in the worst way. What did she have a camera pointed at the fridge? Good, I only had 1-2 drinks per evening. Its kind of creepy to think I was recorded for that long. It just seems wrong.

YEP.. Im tempted to send him an e-mail giving him the go ahead.

2 possible scenarios:
      1. I get fired: Good luck collecting child support
      2. They laugh at him and say "keep us out of his messy divorce".

Scare tactic so I don't bring witnesses.

I wonder what we'd see in his life if he was recorded for months.
      Last edited by LovingFather32; 07-16-2014, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Omg this is such bs... I personally wouldn't pay that lawyer another penny...

Send one more final request for disclosure of the the transcript and the recording it was taken from.

Confirm the other lawyers dates for motion and get it moving.

THEY HAVE NOTHING ON YOU.

A judge will not be pleased I'm guessing..

Comment

• You go to a clinician if you feel you need to see one. You don't go to a clinician because you feel you need to prove something. Pretty much everyone in the world can be diagnosed with some 'personality trait' and I think the last thing you need right now is more anxiety in your life. Don't you think you've done enough analysing for now? Talk to your family doctor for a start and go from there. If the doctor thinks you need to see someone then by all means go for it.

Sounds like the schmuck lawyer was directing the meet n greet today. Did your lawyer give the schmuck lawyer any advice as to what she felt your ex should be doing I wonder? Not likely.

Edit - you crossed your "ts" and dotted your "i's" by getting the hair follicle test. That will be good for you in court. So if you go and get 'shrink clearance' do you really think that will satisfy the schmuck lawyer? What's next after that?
          Last edited by arabian; 07-16-2014, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• Want LF32 to get custody...matters going nowhere until OCL report, may as well manoeuvre in the toilet to try to resolve it.

Lawyers I would only use in the shadow's, too costly and won't put the effort out there too busy.

Yeah shrinks help...there good to chat too...and there pretty coloured paper with there writing style is impressive (if you get a good one) for Judges

they list all there credential's and write about what a fine man you are and if he really likes you who knows he may slam (in a nice way) OP for not coughing up the disclosure.

It's a death sentence for there case if OP doesn't supply the crap....and if they do supply it and the shrink thinks there's something to fix...he'll fix it.

Case closed. It works LF32 believe me

Comment

• Yeah and when you get a shrink involved the witness list grows as do the costs.

LF32 do you not already have an enhanced security clearance for your employment working with children?

I'm surprised schmuck lawyer(s) haven't requested copies of LF32's employment performance appraisals or his high school transcripts! Wait, letters from his elementary school teachers.

I wouldn't do a bloody thing until the other side provides full disclosure. Then you will know what you are dealing with.

Comment

• He's ready to provide disclosure .. a night before a motion. Unless a 14B can get me it earlier. Still trying to figure that one out.

And yes I have security clearance. Vulnerable Sector Checks are very important in my field. This guy's really making my life hard. I can tell it will be a long haul. I better buckle up. I need an aggressive lawyer to put him in his place.
                Im no threat .. no restraining order, no CAS, not enough for police .. yet I still need supervision and Im not allowed to know where my daughter is, who shes living with? Where have my rights as a custodial parent gone?
                Last edited by LovingFather32; 07-16-2014, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• I agree Arabian, but costs are currently reserved, and adding up hopefully to be paid out to LF32 when he wins (and the lawyer pays it)

You can never have enough defense to protect those Costs.

Hopefully this ends tomorrow to mitigate the waste of cash out of LF32's pocket, but if it doesn't end then he's going forward to one heck of a bill,

I have a feeling the ex is gone. the access isn't going to change because she's gone. Therefore the process continues

a professional therapist will add another dimension to LF32's defence for allegations.

and yes...any employment stuff is good also

is this transcript a legitimate concern or an excuse?

here's a guy saying....I'll do anything to get my kid back....you want a shrink...I got one...now what

what's the OP doing...nothing still...well that's too bad...the allegations are an excuse then.

the LAO lawyer didn't have to say anything about this Transcript today...it's obviously key to his position, he doesn't think smarty panty therapist type LF32 will see a shrink...but now we know and what is done with the LAO lawyer crap could serve LF32 well.

I have no idea about a late motion REPLY, but I see positioning prior to making a motion, that may blow the doors off his REPLY whenever it's brought in front of a Judge

Comment

• you have to deal with the allegations head on now, there's only one tool left the shrink.....and the shrink letter can also be read over by the OCL and the OCL can chat with the shrink too..but that's later.....right now it's disclosure and trying to offset the non disclosure if it's valid with a shrink.

your other solid gold attributes can be added to support the tidal wave headed for the lawyer.

Comment

• Further analysis now that I've had more time to think:

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
                      1. Ex's lawyer showed her some transcripts of recorded arguments and apparently one of us said some thing about D3 crying. She only was able to read a few lines.
                      So he'll show your lawyer there are transcripts but not provide copies to her or you? Did you ask your lawyer what you have to do to get them?

2. He said he wants to keep out of court, doesn't want questioning, etc. but wants me to admit I have a problem with alcohol? Never! Because its not true!
                      If he wants to keep out of court, there's a reason he's not sharing (like maybe his case is weak?!). But his requests are ridiculous, so court it must be.

3. She says Im very articulate and well spoken and I would do very well at a trial. She said going to trial as quickly as possible would be best.
                      Yep. Hopefully she can advise you on what route to take to get there as soon as possible.

4. She says I should go to get referred to a psychologist about stresses of separation. That it would look mature to a judge? (Not about addictions).
                      I have my doubts. Your stresses are not about the separation; they are about what is happening to your daughter. If you do think stress is becoming unmanageable, I would see your family doctor first. They may have all kinds of resources that could help, such as a social worker or a support group or a parenting after separation course, but still don't involve a psychologist. I would think, unfortunately, that if you see a psychologist, that's just going to give your ex's lawyer ammunition that you have a problem and make things worse.

5. She says the biggest issue will be delays. He will reply to a motion a day before and Ill have to reschedule because not enough time to reply.
                      Push for court, and do your best to avoid delays and tactics that cause them.

6. Said he told her my weekly urinalysis could be someone else doing it for me. Doesn't believe my hair follicle.
                      Do the urinalysis people watch you provide your sample? Get an affidavit from them. Get the follicle test people to provide an affidavit about its authenticity. He's putting the hoops out, so you have to jump through them. Record all the expenses so you can claim for costs later.

7. He again threatened to send the transcripts or whatever he has to my employers and any reference or witness he can. My lawyer said she was curious what ex said in transcripts. I said, SHE WAS RECORDING .. why would she say anything. I don't recall any fighting in front of D3. And it always went both ways. Not sure whats happening here.
                      I already talked about this one.

8. She says I should send e-mail to ex and cc her and ex's lawyer about my b-day Friday.
                      Yes, definitely keep up the pressure about increased access and removing the need for supervision. Sending the emails to both your ex and her lawyer also gives your ex the possibility of responding directly to you. As this appears likely to drag on, I would also push for removing supervision by September, unless your ex can choose a suitable replacement supervisor by then. Put the onus on her. If you make her think that supervision will be removed, she might be more flexible with alternative people. Something along the lines of "As you are aware, Supe is no longer available after September. Please provide a list of reasonable alternatives to take over supervision, or access will proceed unsupervised after that date."

9. I asked if I should just go get a hair follicle for alcohol .. for god sakes I have nothing to hide here. She said yes. Guess the ex just gets to sit back and watch the show, enjoying every minute with our daughter and maintaining status quo.
                      Yep, jump through their hoops. Unfortunately. Again, log all your expenses!

10. She said she would draft a letter to him stating that would abstain from alcohol 24 hours before a visit? huh? Okay. Do that anyways. Gave him supervisors e-mail. mmm why? Few other things.
                      The letter to the ex's lawyer isn't really necessary, as you have not had a drink since your daughter's abduction. There is no need for them to request abstention before visits.

I'm not sure I want to go to counselling for stresses after separation. Im doing okay. And I will never say I have an issue with alcohol to stay out of court..not one bit of truth to it. I want to get a hair follicle for alcohol to just stop him in his tracks.
                      You already saw a judge who made an emergency order that there be access, supervised, without dictating a schedule. I'm sure he envisioned it being more than three hours a week. I'm sure he envisioned reasonable negotiation as to access and custody occurring. I'm sure he envisioned your ex cooperatively staying in the city. I'm sure he envisioned your ex capitulating when you provided proof of abstinence. Instead, your ex is playing control-freak and gatekeeper, providing next to no access, is not negotiating the separation terms of access and custody at all, is moving to Quebec, and is not budging despite all the proof you provided of your abstinence.

You need a trial. You need to show a judge that the previous judge's orders are not being carried out as envisioned, and that you and your ex cannot come to a reasonable agreement on custody and access without a court ordering one.

This is your lawyer's first true taste of your situation. She wanted to try negotiation. She now sees the other lawyer's stance, despite her inclusion. She agrees that a trial is best for you. Now it's her job to get you there, and fast. It's good that she thinks you'll do well, so get her back into the background where her job is to make sure all your legal stuff is done right so the other lawyer can't redtape you into oblivion.
                      Last edited by Rioe; 07-17-2014, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• Getting a Court date is fine but you want to win it when your there

It would be fantastic to avoid Court (the real plan) and to do that the OP has to see they can't win there.

If a motion was done next week, what would happen? It's all reading material which is a big weakness and part of the reading material is a damming transcript offset with a clean drug test/police check.

How does a Judge know if it's not Osama Bin Laden in front of him with a clean drug test?

Does it remove a Judge from being "cautious" or maybe overly cautious? Will Domestic Abuse be addressed?

Having a motion attachment from a shrink that addresses directly the guy slandered along with the shrinks "musings" on domestic abuse you would think, a Judge would appreciate

Motions are in Sept now there's lots of time to inform LAO scumbag lawyer on this and do the 3 or 4 sessions to get a assessment for Court.

The key is getting the disclosure for the assessment and if not that's noted ...and the assessment will be on how great a guy LF32 is and what may of "set him off" towards the end of relationship...(crazy ex)

Lawyers met LAO scumbag wanted some kind of assessment...it was done...matter still went no where...that's good reading in Court

it has to distinguished that the you are "helping a Judge understand who you are" not being morally outraged over your rights.

The LAO scumbag lawyer is going to bring up LF32 avoided a shrink now after chatting with his lawyer on it...that's going to be part of his B.S going forward.
                        Last edited by MrToronto; 07-17-2014, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• File a procedural motion for disclosure.

You now know exactly what to ask for.

Don't let him ambush you at the long motion with late filing.

You have been more than reasonable in asking for "FULL" disclosure... Get it ordered by a judge ASAP. He's already broken the rules by not providing you with his document affidavit.

EDIT: Oh and ask for costs.

Comment

• Originally posted by FB_ View Post
                            File a procedural motion for disclosure.

You now know exactly what to ask for.

Don't let him ambush you at the long motion with late filing.

You have been more than reasonable in asking for "FULL" disclosure... Get it ordered by a judge ASAP. He's already broken the rules by not providing you with his document affidavit.

EDIT: Oh and ask for costs.
                            This was my thinking. Seems too easy though. Im thinking in "chess" terms. He knows I can do this. Why would he allow it with costs against him? What's the barrier? He cant be flaunting his evidence all over the place and not disclosing it. And am I "POSIIVE" a 14B is the right form? He slammed me for wrong forms in EM. He's probably thinking Ill do it again.
                            Last edited by LovingFather32; 07-17-2014, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
                              This was my thinking. Seems too easy though. Im thinking in "chess" terms. He knows I can do this. Why would he allow it with costs against him? What's the barrier? He cant be flaunting his evidence all over the place and not disclosing it. And am I "POSIIVE" a 14B is the right form? He slammed me for wrong forms in EM. He's probably thinking Ill do it again.
                              Look her for instructions

http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.o.../fc/part_8.pdf

Steps to Making a Motion at Family Court

Step 1: Identifying the Forms You Need for a Motion

If you want to make a motion, you will need:
                              • Form 14: Notice of Motion; and
                              • Form 14A: Affidavit (General); or
                              • Form 14B: Motion Form; and
                              • Form 6B: Affidavit of Service.

Use Form 14B: Motion Form where:

• You are requesting the court to make an order on an uncomplicated or
                              procedural matter

Comment

• but is disclosure complicated (longer motion?)or uncomplicated? (procedural)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X