What are you fighting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you fighting for?

I haven't ranted in a while so it was due lol!
    Tonight I'm asking myself what am I fighting for - as lately I've been feeling more than fed up with the whole divorce process and would love a vacation from it all. Maybe it's the beginning of the silly season or just general BLAH's .... who knows?

I'm doing my best to not get consumed into fighting for the sake of winning but rather to be focused on fighting for what I believe is equitable and fair.
    I don't want or expect any financial compensation for having suffered domestic abuse. The STBX received a criminal conviction and I received an iron-clad restraining order which fine with me. All that remains to be done is the trial. I'm very confident about that.

The rest of it is water under the bridge - one has to let go. I've my family, my dogs and my peace to be thankful for. I find that the less I worry about money, the more it comes my way - s'weird. STBX has been spiraling down hill ever since the separation. He did not complete his mandatory anger management sessions, abandoned AA meetings and has been a general pain in the @@@@ to deal with ... he's on his third lawyer.

His health has suffered as well. I'm at the point where I no longer fear/love/hate this person - I feel sorry for him and just want to move on with my life. That's what I'm fighting for, the future.

The length one has to wait for trial is insidious really. Not knowing the outcome of something is purported to be one of the most stressful things a person can go through.

When is your trial scheduled anyhow?

Comment

After the holidays - if the stbx's health is permitting. There's a chance he may still be in the hospital so it's anybody's guess at this point.

Comment

I'd offer to wheel the old geezer into the courtroom!

Bloody awful - your wait for this.

Comment

LMAO! it just may end up that way! Last time he wobbled into court, it was quite a shock to see what condition he was in. After living with a man for 28 years one does not expect such a radical change in appearance. He must have lost a good 80 pounds. As tall as he is (6'4''), it's still a lot of weight. I do feel sorry for how he has ended up, I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

I can't complain about the waiting part, not when I read story's like LF32 who is separated from his child. That sort of hell is unbearable .... I'll count my blessings as I feel that Karma has worked in my favor concerning the old fart.

I know I've dodged a bullet ... I can't imagine what living with him now would be like!!
          Last edited by Janibel; 11-08-2014, 01:00 PM. Reason: typo again

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X