This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-UPDATE-

The Criminal Courts in Newmarket have agreed to adjourn the sentencing this Wednesday due to the fact that the defence lawyer had a medical issue and could not attend. The sentencing date has been rescheduled for November 20th at 9:00am at the Newmarket, Ontario courts.

Comment

November 20, 2012 - SENTENCING DAY

From the office of Stephen Watkins:

CANADIAN COURT - SENTENCING DAY
      Court Information and Details
      "Watkins Missing Children"

DATE: November 20, 2012

TIME: 8:30am (Meet in Front of Court House)
      Hearing starts at 9:00 but they say it will really be at 9:30. They say it may take up to 4 hours. Meet with News Press to make statement about iCHAPEAU Association launch and to hold up signs for photo's.

ADDRESS: 50 Eagle St W, Newmarket, ON L3Y 6B1

MAP LINK:
      https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=50+Eag...Y+6B1&t=m&z=13

Comment

Dear Stephen:

My thoughts and hopes will be with you and your family today. As there has been no updates regarding the return of Christopher and Alexander to their habitual jurisdiction where they were born and raised for the majority of their lives - CANADA.

The criminal removal of children in contravention of section 283.(1) and 282.(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada continues to happen every day in our country. Parents every day are having to wonder where their children are being taken, enticed away, concealed, detained, received and harboured by "domestic violence" shelters, with the "assistance of police", by unscrupulous parents, their assisting family members and with the assistance of "counsel" in an attempt to "gain an advantage" in a custody and access dispute and ultimately in a clear and transparent manner to alienate and remove loving and upstanding parents from the lives of the children involved.

One would have thought that the wise words of the Honourable J.A. Osborne in 1998 would have rung true on many matters when a parent unilaterally abducts children in contravention of our country's Laws and Acts. They were put in place to, and I quote, "deter forum shopping and child abduction". Clearly, the message was not strong enough and hopefully the Honourable Justice presiding over matters today recognizes the need to update and strengthen jurisprudence ("case law") where the acts and laws of our Country and Provinces are clearly lacking.

Brooks v. Brooks, 1998 CanLII 7142 (ON CA)
        Date: 1998-08-07
        Docket: c29247
        Parallel citations: 41 OR (3d) 191; 163 DLR (4th) 715; 39 RFL (4th) 187; 111 OAC 177
        URL: CanLII - 1998 CanLII 7142 (ON CA)
        Citation: Brooks v. Brooks, 1998 CanLII 7142 (ON CA)

Brooks v. Brooks 1998 CanLII 7142 (ON CA), (1998), 163 D.L.R. (4th) 715 (Ont. C.A.), stating at para. 22 (my emphasis added):

22. Part III was added to the CLRA to deter forum shopping and child abduction, to provide some uniform powers and procedures for the resolution of custody/access disputes and to reduce the time for the resolution of parental disputes involving children. To secure the best information relevant to the children’s best interests, it is also important that jurisdiction over custody/access disputes not be unduly fragmented and prolonged, as has occurred here.
        Every day, frivolous lawsuits are brought against loving and caring parents on "urgent" basis ex-parte by unscrupulous "negative advocate solicitors" and their "high conflict" clients in an attempt to strip the rights of every resident and citizen to a fair trial and to defend themselves as outlined in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Every day, children are taken from parents, often with the "assistance of the police" because they feel "unsafe" and are harboured and "sheltered" at private residences of their immediate family members and friends, in "domestic violence" shelters and other locations unknown to the left behind parent.

All by leveraging as has been done to you Stephen - false allegations of "domestic violence" and "child abuse". This conduct is becoming all too common before the Superior Court, Family Law and the Criminal Court system and hopefully the "buck stops here" in Newmarket at 9:30 AM.

Shaw v. Shaw, 2008 ONCJ 130 (CanLII)
        Date: 2008-03-25
        Docket: 34/08
        Parallel citations: 62 RFL (6th) 100
        URL: http://canlii.ca/t/1w7sx
        Citation: Shaw v. Shaw, 2008 ONCJ 130 (CanLII)

Recanting the wise words of the very Honourable Justice Pugsliy in Shaw v. Shaw para. 8:

I do not know what advice Mr. Shaw received from the unnamed lawyer whom he consulted before, as he put it, asking for charges to be laid. I can only hope that no licensed lawyer in this province would have advised the father that the fastest way to get custody and exclusive possession of the family home was to report the mother’s transgressions to the police.
        Left behind parents, who have had their children abducted in contravention of section 283.(1) still do not know what "advice" the abducting parent received from their often "known" lawyers whom the abducting parent consulted with days before the abduction, as often is done, before "asking for charges to be laid" against the other parent. I *do* know that there are "licensed lawyers" in this province that *have* advised parents that the fastest way to get custody is to attempt to leverage the police and false allegations of "domestic violence" and "child abuse" and to leverage the "wings" of Legal Aid Ontario to do so.

Reminding everyone that the Criminal Code of Canada section 283.(1) and section 282.(1) explicitly state:

Originally posted by Criminal Code of Canada
        Sections 282 and 283 of the Criminal Code of Canada

Section 282

(1) [ Abduction in contravention of custody order ]

Every one who, being the parent, guardian or person having the lawful care or charge of a person under the age of fourteen years, takes, entices away, conceals, detains, receives or harbours that person, in contravention of the custody provisions of a custody order in relation to that person made by a court anywhere in Canada, with intent to deprive a parent or guardian, or any other person who has the lawful care or charge of that person, of the possession of that person is guilty of

(a) an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years, or
        (b) an offence punishable on summary conviction.

(2) [ Where no belief in validity of custody order ]

Where a count charges an offence under subsection (1) and the offence is not proven only because the accused did not believe that there was a valid custody order but the evidence does prove an offence under section 283, the accused may be convicted of an offence under section 283.

Section 283

(1) [ Abduction ]

Every one who, being the parent, guardian or person having the lawful care or charge of a person under the age of fourteen years, takes, entices away, conceals, detains, receives or harbours that person, whether or not there is a custody order in relation to that person made by a court anywhere in Canada, with intent to deprive a parent or guardian, or any other person who has the lawful care or charge of that person, of the possession of that
        person, is guilty of

(a) an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years, or
        (b) an offence punishable on summary conviction.

(2) [ Consent required ]
        My warning to parents who take children and commitment to the parents who have this happen to them:
        I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for sole custody, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you think before you act and don't make children pawns in family law, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you do, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will stop you from doing it!

(Quote "tayken" and modified from the movie of the same name: "Taken".)

Good Luck! (Past, present and future abducting parents.)
        Tayken
        Last edited by Tayken; 11-20-2012, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Stephen:

I haven't seen any updates from you regarding today's sentencing... I hope it is some good news?

e.g. Christopher and Alexander are on a plane back to their "home and native land"?!

My thoughts are with your family today and especially Christopher and Alexander.

Good Luck!
          Tayken

Comment

I've been paying attention to your situation in the news for some time now, Mr. Watkins.

I wish you the best of luck and the speedy return of your children.

I cannot imagine how you have been able to cope.

Godspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
              My warning to parents who take children and commitment to the parents who have this happen to them:
              I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for sole custody, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you think before you act and don't make children pawns in family law, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you do, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will stop you from doing it!

Tayken
              This should be made a standard warning for all parents looking for sole custody except cases where abuse against the children has been proven in court. no child should be deprived of a parental blesses unjustifiably.

Comment

Mr Watkins, I hope you see your children soon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post

Tayken
                  I prefer the original line from the movie.

I am not one that believes in Capital Punishment on the whole.
                  I believe that if the individual is forbidden from taking lives, so should the State be. Indeed, all of humanity should be.

But the singular instance where I might agree with it is with respect to the violation of children and their well-being.

In my estimation, almost everything is ultimately forgivable. Crimes against children being the exception.

Even the most (to paraphrase a recent sentiment I've seen on social media) bad-ass thug in the world answers the toy phone when a two year old hands it to them.

Honestly, Stephen. You have my utmost respect for not showing up in Poland with firearms and reckless abandon in response to the situation you have been put in.

Comment

Update on case:

UPDATE ON CASE:

More updates to be posted as I put all of this into perspective. Once available later in a month and like I did before, I will post all the Court transcripts as I believe they may be some precedented setting materials contained in this case.

Much went on in court as the defence tried to declare a mistrial and it took 3/4 of the day for the crown to fight. In the end, the conviction was upheld by the presiding Judge.

We were told by the Crown, which was discussed in front of the Judge, that this is a precedent setting case in Canada as there has never been a conviction in Canada of a person who has been a party that assisted in a Parental Child Abduction. Previous convictions in Canada have always been that of the Abducting Parent. The Crown believes this may the first case from his hundreds of reviews of Canadian case laws.

There were 4 Victim Impact Statements read into Court which I believe will become public in this case. My 14-year year old step-daughters Victim Impact Statement, was so powerful that it reduced grown men to tears in the galler.

In a very twisted turn of events, and the first time the Crown and Ontario Victim Services personnels knowledge, the defence lawyer was instructed by the Abducting Parent, Edyta Ustaszewska (Watkins), from Poland tried to file her own version of a Victim Impact Statement that she e-mailed to him.

The Judge flat out refused to hear her Victim Impact Statement as he indicated very strongly in Court that she was not a victim but the cause of this crime. He mentioned that if she wanted to participate, she could return back to Canada and appear before the Canadian Courts. The Judge also reiterated that Edyta Ustaszewska is being sought on the RCMP's Canada's Most Wanted list (Edyta WATKINS - Royal Canadian Mounted Police) and that Canada has issued a world-wide INTERPOL "Red Notice" for Edyta Ustaszewska (Watkins) which can be seen here (Wanted Persons / Internet / Home - INTERPOL) . The Crown did quick review of the e-mail provided to the defence lawyer and indicated to the Judge that none of it would help the accused as it was full of defamatory and self serving statements. I am not aware of what was written nor was it read out loud.

There was much debate about the the aspects of this crime and all the supporting evidence that has been collected in relation to the AGE of the accused who has been found already guilty which has also been upheld after a mistrial application was filed by the defence.

We are previewed on what the Crown has asked, but I am withholding this information here, as its still before the courts and it will be interesting what his honor decides on this particular penalty.

The sentencing by his honor was NOT announced as he will review and deliberate over this matter. This case is scheduled to return on DECEMBER 4th at 2:15 in the Newmarket Courts for the final sentence and the fate of TEDEUSZ (Ted) USTASZEWSKI.

More updates and info to Post to come... Thank you for reading and sharing this story and our links on all social networks.

Best Regards,
                    STEPHEN WATKINS

Comment

SPECIAL NOTE:
                      On the same day of this court hearing, November 20th, it was also the UN's Universal Children's Day recognized around the world. Universal Children's Day - 20 November which marks the day on which the UN Assembly adopted the Declaration of the Rights of the Child, in 1959, and the Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC), in 1989.

Comment

Official launch:

OFFICIAL LAUNCH:
                        It was also the official launch of the new iCHAPEAU Association of parents that are helping to STOP Parental Child Abductions in Canada which is covered under the UN's International Treaty of the Rights of the Child (UNCRC). iCHAPEAU Associations members we physically in court to hear these proceeding. I mention of this was also part of my victim impact statement as my final statement. I will post my victim Impact Statement in the thread after this one, once I receive the updated version from the Crown.

This new Canadian Association officially launched, right in front of the Newmarket Ontario Courts on this day of TEDEUSZ (Ted) USTASZEWSKI sentencing, to help drive the point to our elected officials that a crime has been committed, to help support all provincial court jurisdictions and police agencies across Canada and to send a clear message to other countries that Parental Child Abductions is a CRIME IN CANADA covered in the Canadian Criminal Code.

Together, I and other parents who's children were also abducted launched on November 20th is the - - “iCHAPEAU Association”.

(In Attendance with Case Info Links)
                        - Stephen Watkins
                        (http://ichapeau.ca/campaigns/faces-abducted-canadian-children/alexander-and-christopher-watkins/)

- Cesar Caetano
                        (http://ichapeau.ca/campaigns/faces-abducted-canadian-children/alice-caetano)

- Grzegorz Nowacki
                        (Aleksander Nowacki | Canada's iCHAPEAU Law)

- Bruce Gherbetti
                        (Attended in spirit as he is currently in Japan)
                        (Rion Suzuki, Lauren & Julia Gherbetti | Canada's iCHAPEAU Law)

- Non-Public iCHAPEAU Association Members were also in attendance

iCHAPEAU stands for the International Child Harbouring & Abduction Prevention Enforcement Act Under-law and the iCHAPEAU Association will be approaching the Canadian government with the support of recognized national missing children organizations along with victim organizations across Canada to introduce a new federal / provincial Canadian law called:
                        - - - Canada’s iCHAPEAU ACT

These 4 affected Canadian parents, Cesar Caetano, Grzegorz Nowacki, Bruce Gherbetti (currently in Japan) who cases are public, including Stephen Watkins case, represents 7 abducted Canadian children who have been illegally kidnapped from Canada and harboured by other non-compliant nations such as Poland, Brazil and Japan. There was also other affected parents in attendance who’s cases are not publicly known and who's children were also abducted to these countries.

These parents are working together to help STOP Parental Child abductions by campaigning for Canada’s iCHAPEAU Act to provide better tools to Family Courts to detect and PREVENT child abduction cases along with giving our Canadian government more solutions when dealing with international child abductions when Canadian children have been retained or harboured by foreign nations and ordered not to be retuned through the non-compliances of treaties already signed with the country of Canada.

Along with an explanation of how the iCHAPEAU law works, the iCHAPEAU Association will have all their members’ cases publicly shown to bring more attention to their cases along with the issues of Parental Child Abductions which affects 83% of all child abductions from Canada. Help by sharing our links on Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/iCHAPEAU or visit their Mobile website here ichapeau's QR code leaf on uQR.me - Create and manage your recyclable QR codes for free! and and the new website which is currently live but still under construction here: Canada's iCHAPEAU Law

The iCHAPEAU Association also launched a FORUM on iCHAPEAU.ca dealing specifically with Parental Child Abduction and Child Abduction. From information provided by Partners and Missing Children Organizations, this may be the first FORUM if its kind in Canada.

The iCHAPEAU Association had already contacted the OTTAWA DIVORCE FORUM / Website in writing in advance to create an alliance and partnership in order to help redirect users into the right resources. Our iCHAPEAU FORUM was launched at this location: FORUM | Canada's iCHAPEAU Law

We will be redirecting our traffic back to the Ottawa Divorce Forum when dealing with questions or comments regarding Family Law, Child Custody, Child & Spousal Support, Property Division. The OTTAWA DIVORCE FORUM banner on top of our forum and links are helping to do the redirection.

We are hoping that the OTTAWA DIVORCE FORUM will also let others know about our iCHAPEAU Forum which deals with issues of Child Abduction Prevention, Laws and Support for Parents dealing a Child Abduction.

We are hoping that some of the members, who have been very insightful on the Ottawa Divorce these threads, will also join our small forum (specifically using the same nickname on Ottawa Divorce) to provide us your limited support. We are looking for moderators and people who know how to maintain a forum but as these are very specific topics, we do not believe it will become as busy as the Ottawa Divorce Forum, so having members representation on both forums with the same nickname/handle, we believe will be easier when communicating with one another.

Here is the letter we received from the Ottawa Divorce Forums owner/operators:

Dear Mr. Stephen Watkins,

Thank you for contacting us. I am very familiar with your unfortunate
                        case. I appreciate your insight into these complex issues and dedication
                        to your children.

I confirm that we endorse your cause and that you have our permission to
                        list us on your website as a partner, as set out in your email. Please let
                        me know what we need to provide you with (e.g. dimensions of banner,
                        etc.).

If there is any other way we can help, please let me know.

Please also feel free to keep posting about your case in our forums.

Yours very truly,
                        Jeffrey Behrendt, BA, JD, LLM
                        Behrendt Professional Corporation
                        OttawaDivorce.com Forums

More updates and info to Post to come... Thank you for reading and sharing this story and our links on all social networks.

Best Regards,
                        STEPHEN WATKINS

Comment

Originally posted by StephenWatkins View Post
                          OFFICIAL LAUNCH:
                          It was also the official launch of the new iCHAPEAU Association of parents that are helping to STOP Parental Child Abductions in Canada which is covered under the UN's International Treaty of the Rights of the Child (UNCRC). iCHAPEAU Associations members we physically in court to hear these proceeding. I mention of this was also part of my victim impact statement as my final statement. I will post my victim Impact Statement in the thread after this one, once I receive the updated version from the Crown.

This new Canadian Association officially launched, right in front of the Newmarket Ontario Courts on this day of TEDEUSZ (Ted) USTASZEWSKI sentencing, to help drive the point to our elected officials that a crime has been committed, to help support all provincial court jurisdictions and police agencies across Canada and to send a clear message to other countries that Parental Child Abductions is a CRIME IN CANADA covered in the Canadian Criminal Code.

Together, I and other parents who's children were also abducted launched on November 20th is the - - “iCHAPEAU Association”.

(In Attendance with Case Info Links)
                          - Stephen Watkins
                          (http://ichapeau.ca/campaigns/faces-abducted-canadian-children/alexander-and-christopher-watkins/)

- Cesar Caetano
                          (http://ichapeau.ca/campaigns/faces-abducted-canadian-children/alice-caetano)

- Grzegorz Nowacki
                          (Aleksander Nowacki | Canada's iCHAPEAU Law)

- Bruce Gherbetti
                          (Attended in spirit as he is currently in Japan)
                          (Rion Suzuki, Lauren & Julia Gherbetti | Canada's iCHAPEAU Law)

- Non-Public iCHAPEAU Association Members were also in attendance

iCHAPEAU stands for the International Child Harbouring & Abduction Prevention Enforcement Act Under-law and the iCHAPEAU Association will be approaching the Canadian government with the support of recognized national missing children organizations along with victim organizations across Canada to introduce a new federal / provincial Canadian law called:
                          - - - Canada’s iCHAPEAU ACT

These 4 affected Canadian parents, Cesar Caetano, Grzegorz Nowacki, Bruce Gherbetti (currently in Japan) who cases are public, including Stephen Watkins case, represents 7 abducted Canadian children who have been illegally kidnapped from Canada and harboured by other non-compliant nations such as Poland, Brazil and Japan. There was also other affected parents in attendance who’s cases are not publicly known and who's children were also abducted to these countries.

These parents are working together to help STOP Parental Child abductions by campaigning for Canada’s iCHAPEAU Act to provide better tools to Family Courts to detect and PREVENT child abduction cases along with giving our Canadian government more solutions when dealing with international child abductions when Canadian children have been retained or harboured by foreign nations and ordered not to be retuned through the non-compliances of treaties already signed with the country of Canada.

Along with an explanation of how the iCHAPEAU law works, the iCHAPEAU Association will have all their members’ cases publicly shown to bring more attention to their cases along with the issues of Parental Child Abductions which affects 83% of all child abductions from Canada. Help by sharing our links on Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/iCHAPEAU or visit their Mobile website here ichapeau's QR code leaf on uQR.me - Create and manage your recyclable QR codes for free! and and the new website which is currently live but still under construction here: Canada's iCHAPEAU Law

The iCHAPEAU Association also launched a FORUM on iCHAPEAU.ca dealing specifically with Parental Child Abduction and Child Abduction. From information provided by Partners and Missing Children Organizations, this may be the first FORUM if its kind in Canada.

The iCHAPEAU Association had already contacted the OTTAWA DIVORCE FORUM / Website in writing in advance to create an alliance and partnership in order to help redirect users into the right resources. Our iCHAPEAU FORUM was launched at this location: FORUM | Canada's iCHAPEAU Law

We will be redirecting our traffic back to the Ottawa Divorce Forum when dealing with questions or comments regarding Family Law, Child Custody, Child & Spousal Support, Property Division. The OTTAWA DIVORCE FORUM banner on top of our forum and links are helping to do the redirection.

We are hoping that the OTTAWA DIVORCE FORUM will also let others know about our iCHAPEAU Forum which deals with issues of Child Abduction Prevention, Laws and Support for Parents dealing a Child Abduction.

We are hoping that some of the members, who have been very insightful on the Ottawa Divorce these threads, will also join our small forum (specifically using the same nickname on Ottawa Divorce) to provide us your limited support. We are looking for moderators and people who know how to maintain a forum but as these are very specific topics, we do not believe it will become as busy as the Ottawa Divorce Forum, so having members representation on both forums with the same nickname/handle, we believe will be easier when communicating with one another.

Here is the letter we received from the Ottawa Divorce Forums owner/operators:

Dear Mr. Stephen Watkins,

Thank you for contacting us. I am very familiar with your unfortunate
                          case. I appreciate your insight into these complex issues and dedication
                          to your children.

I confirm that we endorse your cause and that you have our permission to
                          list us on your website as a partner, as set out in your email. Please let
                          me know what we need to provide you with (e.g. dimensions of banner,
                          etc.).

If there is any other way we can help, please let me know.

Please also feel free to keep posting about your case in our forums.

Yours very truly,
                          Jeffrey Behrendt, BA, JD, LLM
                          Behrendt Professional Corporation
                          OttawaDivorce.com Forums

Best Regards,
                          STEPHEN WATKINS
                          Awesome. I'm in, let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                            Awesome. I'm in, let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
                            Thank you for your support. First, you are welcome to come set-up your profile, using the SAME HANDLE/NICK Name as on Ottawa Divorce here:

http://ichapeau.ca/forum

I also see that you are a moderator already on the Ottawa Divorce. Would you be willing to be the same on the iCHAPEAU Forum?

Why we believe this is important as that should their be questions being posted on the iCHAPEAU Form may not pertain to our objectives, it may be better to be posted on the Ottawa Divorce Forum. In the end, we want to direct people to the right resources. The iCHAPEAU will have an extensive resource knowledge for parental child abduction and missing children.

Lots going on here so its going to take some time to get all the aspects of the website an forum completed. Your support will help us on the forum and is greatly appreciated and welcomed!

Comment

UPDATE ON CASE:

More updates to be posted as I put all of this into perspective. Once available later in a month and like I did before, I will post all the Court transcripts as I believe they may be some precedented setting materials contained in this case.
                              Stephen, based on my research, which is extensive, into the areas of parental child abduction, this *is* precedent setting. The resulting case law will be leveraged by parents, whom's children have been abducted both in contravention of Section 283.(1) and 282.(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada to bring relevance to the conduct of both abducting parents and their assisting family members, friends, "negative advocate solicitors", "peace officers" and countless others who assist in similar matters in an attempt to use the Laws and Rules of Canada to gain an unfair advantage in family law matters.

Much went on in court as the defence tried to declare a mistrial and it took 3/4 of the day for the crown to fight. In the end, the conviction was upheld by the presiding Judge.
                              The next thing that will be done is an Appeal in the matter so don't be surprised if they bring forward an Appeal and carry this forward all the way to the Supreme Court.

We were told by the Crown, which was discussed in front of the Judge, that this is a precedent setting case in Canada as there has never been a conviction in Canada of a person who has been a party that assisted in a Parental Child Abduction.
                              There is no conviction of a third party in a criminal conviction of Section 283.(1) or 282.(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada that I am aware of. I have researched the topic significantly.

Previous convictions in Canada have always been that of the Abducting Parent. The Crown believes this may the first case from his hundreds of reviews of Canadian case laws.
                              To the best of my knowledge, this *is* the only case in the matter.

There were 4 Victim Impact Statements read into Court which I believe will become public in this case. My 14-year year old step-daughters Victim Impact Statement, was so powerful that it reduced grown men to tears in the galler.
                              My congratulations for having the courage to stand before the court and read into record her victim impact statement.

In a very twisted turn of events, and the first time the Crown and Ontario Victim Services personnels knowledge, the defence lawyer was instructed by the Abducting Parent, Edyta Ustaszewska (Watkins), from Poland tried to file her own version of a Victim Impact Statement that she e-mailed to him.
                              Manipulations and control such as demanding instructions are common patterns of behaviour of possibly Axis II disordered litigants. (RE: It's All Your Fault, High Conflict People in Legal Disputes, et all... William Eddy)

My recommendation would be to have the Crown contact Mr. William Eddy of the High Conflict Institute and retain him as an expert witness (if possible) to evaluate not only this criminal matter but, your entire family law matter (all court materials) with the assistance of a recognized Canadian practitioner of psychology whom is registered and certified in *forensic psychology* to provide a view to the court on the matter.

HCI High Conflict Speakers, Books, Consultations

As a tax payer, feel it would be more than appropriate for the Crown to retain Mr. Eddy and a qualified forensic psychologist to provide a detailed analysis of the materials in this matter and would be an appropriate investment into much needed jurisprudence (case law) to identify how the highly conflicted (possibly Axis II disordered) ignore law, the "best interests" of children and psychologically abuse people in the manners as described and outlined in the case law already formed in this matter.

The Judge flat out refused to hear her Victim Impact Statement as he indicated very strongly in Court that she was not a victim but the cause of this crime.
                              I applaud this very honourable Justice for not falling trap to the histrionics, as many often do, to the baseless "emotional reasoning" from a potentially Axis II disordered, convicted parental abductor, possible child abuser and possibly highly conflicted individual.

He mentioned that if she wanted to participate, she could return back to Canada and appear before the Canadian Courts.
                              I applaud this justice again!

The Judge also reiterated that Edyta Ustaszewska is being sought on the RCMP's Canada's Most Wanted list (Edyta WATKINS - Royal Canadian Mounted Police) and that Canada has issued a world-wide INTERPOL "Red Notice" for Edyta Ustaszewska (Watkins) which can be seen here (Wanted Persons / Internet / Home - INTERPOL).
                              I again applaud this very honourable Justice!

The Crown did quick review of the e-mail provided to the defence lawyer and indicated to the Judge that none of it would help the accused as it was full of defamatory and self serving statements. I am not aware of what was written nor was it read out loud.
                              If provided to an expert, such as Mr. William Eddy and with the assistance of a qualified and licensed forensic psychologist, the email itself may be cogent and relevant evidence to support a proper clinical analysis (forensically) of the mental state of the criminals.

There was much debate about the the aspects of this crime and all the supporting evidence that has been collected in relation to the AGE of the accused who has been found already guilty which has also been upheld after a mistrial application was filed by the defence.
                              I implore the honourable Justice in this matter to set precedent in the matter and seek a maximum sentence until such time that Christopher and Alexander Watkins are returned to their habitual and native land.

We are previewed on what the Crown has asked, but I am withholding this information here, as its still before the courts and it will be interesting what his honor decides on this particular penalty.
                              In a matter such as this, I am of the personal opinion that with the demonstration of "bad faith" by both the convicted criminals, one of whom is wanted internationally for this crime and eluding not just the Canadian but international justice system, a maximum sentance should be imposed with no parole considerations until such time Christopher and Alexander Watkins are returned to the habitual home and native land and to the rightful custody as ordered by the Superior Court, Family Law.

The sentencing by his honor was NOT announced as he will review and deliberate over this matter. This case is scheduled to return on DECEMBER 4th at 2:15 in the Newmarket Courts for the final sentence and the fate of TEDEUSZ (Ted) USTASZEWSKI.
                              When you discuss the matter with the Crown please do inquire about the opportunity for an Appeal in the matter and what the deadline is for the defence counsel to bring such an appeal in a criminal matter.

Thank-you very much for updating everyone. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Good Luck!
                              Tayken

Comment

Thank you Tayken for all your incites and background information on this case.

I had provided your posts and your Victim Impact Statement to the Crown who found them very insightful. They mentioned that this was first Victim Impact Statement they received by an Ontario citizen, acknowledged by the Newmarket Courthouses Crown Office, as they have only in the past received these types of Victim Impact Statements from groups or associations. They could not put it in front of the court without knowing you true identity but they did read your information and may have included some of its aspects in the closing arguments.

I will again provide your points in the Appeal process as you have provided above.

I am hoping you will also take up our iCHAPEAU Associations offer to also be a part of the iCHAPEAU Forum as I had posted in the thread earlier.

Best Regards,
                                STEPHEN WATKINS

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X