Get this!! Section 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to go back and look myself. Lol

This is separate friend and as you point out so basic you’d spend more on legal fees fighting $60 cell bill

I think it’s very clear she wants money. No one disputing actual expenses, but she wants 42% of apparently everything she sees fit and necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Then your friend needs to decide if its worth going to court over such a small amount of money. She believes its more than that.

Comment

Yes a parent can unilaterally enroll a child in extra curricular activities and then demand payment from the ex. Even if the ex was was not consulted. See the case of Young v Zaatri. It all depends on whether or not the judge decides it’s ultimately in the best interests of the child. Beware going to court!

Comment

Well I’d argue singing isn’t covered. Best interest how?
          AGAIN...18 and singing. that’s a hobby
          Maybe it’s in the best interest of a child to attend a $1500 tony Robbins seminar.
          NEEEDED? No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't necessarily agree with you that singing shouldn't be considered. Compare singing to hockey, dance, swimming, etc. and if reasonable and at a cost beyond what should be inclusive of cs, then singing could be considered an extraordinary expense. It's a very tough argument to suggest that extracurricular activities are not in the best interests of a child...the question is whether the expense is reasonable or not.

Comment

I am not sure if you read this thread? They are talking about an adult going to school. Who goes in expensive hobbies while you are going to school, whether parents divorced or not? You dont have time and you dont have the money to do it. There are generally plenty of free and low cost activities you can do on campus, all sorts of groups you can join.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X