X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oink View Post
    What is all this nonsense talk about "MOONROOF"...like really

What ever happened to the appropriately named "sunroof"?
    They're two different things:

What's the Difference Between a Sunroof and a Moonroof

But I suspect you knew that, having lived down the street fro. Some car place once upon a time.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
      You obviously had to google it didn't ya...trust me I know the difference. The point was...why moonroof? Marketing gimmick

As FB_ also alluded to, dealers have replaced sunroof with moonroof
      Yes, I googled a link to post - since I don't happen to carry them with me.

Anyways, you know everything about everything, go on with your bad self

Comment

I bought a black Fusion last night.

I pick it up on Wednesday.

I got them to throw in the tint for free and was able to negotiate $400 off the extended warranty. I know many people have very different opinions on extended warranties. I have always bought them and so far the only one I didn't get my money back with was the Mazda, but who knows what would have happened. With paying my CS/Mortgage etc my budget it already tight and having this added security for 5/160 gives me peace of mind.

All in all I'm very happy. Can't wait to pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
          I bought a black Fusion last night.

I pick it up on Wednesday.

I got them to throw in the tint for free and was able to negotiate $400 off the extended warranty. I know many people have very different opinions on extended warranties. I have always bought them and so far the only one I didn't get my money back with was the Mazda, but who knows what would have happened. With paying my CS/Mortgage etc my budget it already tight and having this added security for 5/160 gives me peace of mind.

All in all I'm very happy. Can't wait to pick it up.
          Congrats, I hope it serves you well. You did well to get $400 off the warranty, they are very profitable, but much of the profit goes to the manufacturer.

Comment

My insurance is $14 more for the new vehicle.

Thankfully I had first accident forgiveness.

EDIT: The dealer also let me put $6000 on my credit card for my Aeroplan points.
            Last edited by FB_; 09-20-2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Congrats - nice choice!

Comment

Nice car FB. I believe you can transfer the warranty in part or whole if you don't use it and buy another Ford. If you got the maintenance plan, that's a good deal too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                  Nice car FB. I believe you can transfer the warranty in part or whole if you don't use it and buy another Ford. If you got the maintenance plan, that's a good deal too.
                  I noticed on my sales receipt that they sold me an aftermarket (Tricare) warranty this morning. I have already let them know that was not what I wanted. Hopefully they will resolve this for me quickly without trouble. I did not buy any maintenance plan.

Comment

I picked up my car last night and I love it so far.

I got the warranty all sorted out, I got the 7 year / 200,000 km (FORD ESP PremierCare) bumper to bumper warranty.

Taxes, warranty, and upgrades all in it was $1000 more than my Mazda 3. There is not even a close comparison between these vehicles.

My insurance went up $14 on the new car. The new car is also eligible for the 5 year full replacement value instead of 2 like the Mazda 3. Hopefully I won't be needing it.

The Ford MyTouch w/sync and Nav is simply one amazing computer.

Thanks again everyone for your input.

Comment

Nice FB. I have a Lincoln but it has the same SYNC and you can upload pics of your kids on the console with a memory stick. I have to say, I'm still getting used to the nav...it can be a bit annoying compared to the one I had previously. But the 3D renderings when you're driving (when its available) are kinda awesome. It helps you find the right building when you're driving in downtown areas.

By the way, good idea changing out the Tricare warranty. They're fine but to make a claim, the dealer has to call Atlanta and it takes time for them to fund the claim. The ESP is directly with Ford.

Congrats on the new ride! Its definitely a car you can drive for a long, long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                        Nice FB. I have a Lincoln but it has the same SYNC and you can upload pics of your kids on the console with a memory stick. I have to say, I'm still getting used to the nav...it can be a bit annoying compared to the one I had previously. But the 3D renderings when you're driving (when its available) are kinda awesome. It helps you find the right building when you're driving in downtown areas.

By the way, good idea changing out the Tricare warranty. They're fine but to make a claim, the dealer has to call Atlanta and it takes time for them to fund the claim. The ESP is directly with Ford.

Congrats on the new ride! Its definitely a car you can drive for a long, long time.
                        I've heard way to many horror stories about 3rd party warranties. They can put used parts etc. Like I said I have only ever lost money on a warranty once and that was the Mazda. Who knows if it would have paid off in the end.

The profit margins for dealers on the 3rd party warranties are pretty high that's why they push them. I was very happy with the way the dealer handled the situation.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X