This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ntgtnn View Post
    no..the garnishing is due to 2 sons fom a relationship 16yrs ago that i happen to fall into arrears from..she kicked me out when they garnished my wages
    OK, I understand now. I do wonder though why you'd be spending $65,000 on this woman and her six kids if you're in arrears for your own child support?

Comment

You might be entitled to SWEAT EQUITY. Just a thought. I know of a case for a guy living with a woman that got $10000 for just over a year of living together for cutting lawn, changing light bulbs etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ntgtnn View Post
        no..the garnishing is due to 2 sons fom a relationship 16yrs ago that i happen to fall into arrears from..she kicked me out when they garnished my wages
        I would fight her on the money. I really hope that you will do the moral thing and if you do recover, pay the arrears to your sons mother. That was a nice thing to do to your kids. I would also make a visit to whoever holds ex gf mortgage and tell them that you are no longer living there and she will not have your income to help her with the house.

I hate to say it but it sounds like she took you for a ride. Once the money was being taken off your check for the arrears you outlived your usefulness to her.

Comment

the one thing im having a hard time with is the terms "free loading" and rent free"..on an average month the power bill is 265.00 and the heating is 298.00 which is paid directly from my account and so is the cable, cell bills for her daughter, her and myself, food, kids schooling which is 1200 a yr, sports,money transferred from the account to hers average about 1800 and other stuff..with me being home only one week of the month i think i over pay "rent"...seeing there is 6 children of hers ages from 7-20yrs living there i thought i did the right thing by being responsible awith the understanding that assuming the role of the father figure these responsibilities are needed to be taken on...on average 5000 was taken from my account per month for bills and less than a 100 was left for me when coming home having to put my hand out and asking for money...now understand that the house is 5300sqft with a total of 23 different rooms and i did 85-90% of the renos on including the outside which included a fence down the 250ft driveway a 70ft drainage ditch for the minnesota mound plus the usual yard work on 3 acres...and yet she feels i sponged of them long enough

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X