X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused

Hi
    I am new to this forum and to the whole divorce thing. My spouse wants to separate. We have agreed on division of property and assets. I went to a lawyer but feel I am getting the run around. We simply want to know how to have an agreement drawn up that is legal that states what each of us will take away from our marriage.
    It seems that lawyers don't want to check agreements for you but want to draw them up from scratch. The lawyer I saw said she would draw it up, and then my spouse has to have his lawyer check it out and so on and so on.
    Does anyone have experience with doing their own or just having one lawyer drawing up an agreement for both parties that is legal?
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

Part of the problem is that it can take almost as much time to review an agreement drafted by someone else (even if the other person is a lawyer) as it does to draft an agreement from scratch.

I don't know if this is the kind of thing you're looking for:
    http://www.ottawadivorce.com/separat...nt_ontario.htm
    Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Confused

Yes, I did see your ad which is what prompted my question. Does that mean that after it is drawn up by you we still need to have our own lawyers check it out?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X