This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Income/Support Question

Hi all, so tomorrow is the big day. We have both completed our Intake sessions are have been approved for 6 hours of mediation in Ontario. I have a couple of questions I am hoping can be answered here:

I am going for 50/50 shared custody (physical & joint) but want to be sure I am going over the income parts correctly.

1) My Gross income is $70k per year and hers is about $10K or so as she still does daycare from our jointly owned home and also gets to write of 25% or so. She is also still on her works payroll (we work for the same company so I can look her up on directory) so she can come back to work making about $40K per year (when she left in 2006 it was $30k) + have a full pension paid for her without her having to make the contributions. So when we look into support and such I am a little confused on what to use.

Example, do I use her NOA + the fact that she can go back to work at $40K + CS she gets from her previous relationship + her $1780 CTC per month?

Or do I just use her NOA + CS from previous relationship + CTC per month?

Or just NOA + CS from previous relationship per month?

See I do not know what her plans are but she has the ability to go back to work at anytime so this is why I want to include her work income. Otherwise I am afraid that after we settle, she will go back to work but get paid based off a much smaller earned income.

Any help would be appreciated.
    <!-- / message -->

How old is the child you have together? She should be going back to work, OR should be imputed at minimum full time hours @ minimum wage.

Personally I'd be arguing about going back to work or being imputed at what she could be making. In reality you'll probably have to accept something less than that. (10K is NOT enough, she has to put on the big girl pants and help support herself now).

How many freaking kids does she have? $1780???? CTC? Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by NBDad View Post
      How old is the child you have together? She should be going back to work, OR should be imputed at minimum full time hours @ minimum wage.

Personally I'd be arguing about going back to work or being imputed at what she could be making. In reality you'll probably have to accept something less than that. (10K is NOT enough, she has to put on the big girl pants and help support herself now).

How many freaking kids does she have? $1780???? CTC? Holy crap.

We have three and because her taxable income is so low this is why she gets a high amount. So when you figure I pay the mortgage + she receives $600 CS from previous relationship and about $200 per week working, she isn't doing too bad.

So does her FT income + CS get added into the mix of things? If I add her FT work does that mean I do not add her CTC or CS?

I need help with the calculation here.

Thanks

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X