This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• border in my common law home against my will

long story short, She is living in our common law marriage house, we are going through court to either have it sold or she is going to buy out my share, Here is the question - Can she have a border living there without my consent? - the mortgage and deed are in my name also. I am paying through my teeth due to her lies and greediness - she has decided to get another job - leaving my son home at night alone with this border ( my son is 14 - but still) is there anything i can do? to stop this?

yes, you can, but it will take a long time. Please read the Residential Tenant Act.

More importantly, why does she have the boarder there? Can she afford the house? Are you paying child support? It sounds like she is doing what she can to make ends meet and take care of your son. Are you doing your part?

Comment

I am doing more then my part - i do pay child support plus pay alot more - She is making more then ends meet and trying to bring me down - exact words out of her mouth - I was gracious enough to leave my home to make her more comfortable along with my son - who spends 50% of his time with me. She makes very poor decisions and blames the bad outcome on everyone else. I am doing my best as a single father now and trying everything to be finished with her.

Comment

Then you are doing the right things!

Do you know the boarder? What is it that concerns you exactly? Is there separate living quarters?

You really need to be able to justify your concern, as it would easily appear that you are just being vindictive. Trying to evict the boarder would be punishing the boarder. Is that fair to them?

Comment

I understand that totally - I do not know this boarder and my concern is that my son will be there alone with him often. My ex is never home due to work ( so she says ) and being out with her friends. I am also concerned that this is also my home and I do not want strangers in it. This boarder is just renting a room and has access to the whole home. This home is not just hers but mine. I want to protect my son and my assets.

Comment

Used the court to evict both, if the house is under your name only. Do not wait. You also have to convince the judge that you are doing so to give a decent place to your son while he is in your custody. She is able to work and work and can afford another place to live outside your house, also insure that she does not take all your belonging when she moves out.

Comment

we have a court date tomorrow - I think i finally have a great lawyer who is in my court- alot of issues are going to be dealt with. keep ya posted

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X