Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not so much attracted to the yoga itself, as I am to the possibility that I may find it calming/relaxing. I've concluded that I'm not very good at relaxing. I'm lazy at times, yes - but that doesn't mean I am relaxed.

Stretching is very important. I could easily do more of that without going to a class. Yoga is damn expensive too!

Comment

I stretch each and every day when I have to reach those really high kitchen cupboards.

Naw... best way to deal with stress is to smoke a pack of butts, consume some excellent single malt and then order a pizza.

Comment

Oink

Get a proper mattress. I was using a thin spring mattress from our old pull out couch, and a foam mattress on top, but waking up sore on occasion. Went to Ikea and got a new bed and mattress for under $500 and feel much better now.

I'm glad its cycling weather soon, my preferred cardio. I was a competitive runner in high school and ran in univeristy days, but prefer cycling when I can.

Arabian, I do like the single malt, but those butts will add to your stress/

Comment

Lol arabian - now I feel like ordering a pizza!!!

Comment

yes the butts are a bad habit I'd like to kick some day.

The pizza adds to my ever expanding "butt"

You are all an inspiration for sure. I might just go for a walk/shuffle today. Yikes I'm out of smokes and a good brisk walk will either kill me or make me think twice before lighting up so often!

Comment

yes the butts are a bad habit I'd like to kick some day.

The pizza adds to my ever expanding "butt"

You are all an inspiration for sure. I might just go for a walk/shuffle today. Yikes I'm out of smokes and a good brisk walk will either kill me or make me think twice before lighting up so often!
              I don't smoke but I can definitely sympathize with anyone trying to get off some pounds. Right when my divorce really started, I was too stressed to exercise much and a bit "fat & happy" in my new relationship. And it ended up that I had to diet some last year...its a pain.

If I could offer a suggestion, since the weather is so crappy...invest in a used treadmill. Start with some fast walk/sprints while you watch a good tv program. I actually watch Diners, Driveins and Dives when I run...for some reason, watching people cram food in their mouths gets me motivated...lol. I also use mine when I'm yacking on the phone. Its nice cause you're not even paying attention when you're getting in a nice walk. It won't be long until you graduate to running...and the nice thing about running is that it takes the weight off really fast.

I run 5-6 miles a day now and get my tv watching in too!

Comment

I have a friend that is trying desperately to GAIN weight. She's lost so much due to stress and she's a tiny thing to begin with. I think she's getting on the right track now, but some ppl do face the challenge of trying to put weight on.

I lose weight when I get super stressed. I must have climatized to "hell" lol b/c I've been maintaining a good, healthy weight for awhile now.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                  I have a friend that is trying desperately to GAIN weight. She's lost so much due to stress and she's a tiny thing to begin with. I think she's getting on the right track now, but some ppl do face the challenge of trying to put weight on.

I lose weight when I get super stressed. I must have climatized to "hell" lol b/c I've been maintaining a good, healthy weight for awhile now.
                  SIGH, I couldn't be so lucky. But there's just mroe of me for the kids to love lol!

Comment

Ugh...

I gain weight breathing air.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                      Ugh...

I gain weight breathing air.
                      BAHAHAHAHA! We seriously need a 'like' button

Comment

After I left the house, I lost a lot of weight. That was one of the best things, as I needed to lose it. Now I have to watch I don't gain back the pounds!

Comment

^ yes, but you can take the new mattress with you and retire the air mattress - use it on your first "freedom at last" camping trip..

Comment

And for those who find a good laugh cathartic...here are the latest!

The 30 Most Hilarious Autocorrect Struggles Ever

Not too safe for work, and definitely not for around young children who can read.
                            Last edited by Rioe; 03-27-2013, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
                              And for those who find a good laugh cathartic...here are the latest!

The 30 Most Hilarious Autocorrect Struggles Ever

Not too safe for work, and definitely not for around young children who can read.
                              Thanks for the laugh.... I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X