Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Book" why does he do that"- any comment on this book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book" why does he do that"- any comment on this book?

I have been reading it and it is truly inspiring. Lots of the patterns described in the book is right on!

The resource section in the book is also quite useful. I have called some of the numbers ( some are for both US and Canadian women) the people on the phone are quite helpful.

Originally posted by divorcing mama View Post
    I have been reading it and it is truly inspiring. Lots of the patterns described in the book is right on!

The resource section in the book is also quite useful. I have called some of the numbers ( some are for both US and Canadian women) the people on the phone are quite helpful.
    this is absolutely the best resource I have encountered for understanding exactly what happened. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Comment

This book applied to my ex in so many ways. It was painful yet eye-opening to read and it gave me the ability to spot certain behaviours during and post-divorce in "co'-parenting and to see red flags in potential partners. Personally though, i find it best to read, get the info and then let it go because obsessing about a person with a personality disorder is unhealthy and doesn't do any good.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip234 View Post
        This book applied to my ex in so many ways. It was painful yet eye-opening to read and it gave me the ability to spot certain behaviours during and post-divorce in "co'-parenting and to see red flags in potential partners. Personally though, i find it best to read, get the info and then let it go because obsessing about a person with a personality disorder is unhealthy and doesn't do any good.

"Why Does He Do That? Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men"?

I can think of many better suited books, if "co-parenting" is at the top of the list of things that can be improved.

Comment

Very good for deconstructing a lot of the rationalizations abusers offer for their abuse and to become more grounded in reality again. I disagree with some of his explanations for WHY abuse occurs, and also the feminist slant (e.g. he excuses women hitting men and basically says women can't abuse men). I also take with a grain of salt any advice from a person who doesn't have much success treating the disorder they claim to know a lot about. Give me someone who has a 50% success rate and I'll be much more impressed! But all in all, a lot of good in it, just don't accept everything he says uncritically.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X