This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this right

Even though mom and baby had tested positive for pot ,mom had to sign a tca with cas, baby put in foster home but visits with dad 4 days per week, mother only had supervised visits, then mother again tested positive, cas is sending child back to mom instead of leaving her in the foster home dad really wants her but they are not allowing dad to have her full time
    How can cas return a child to the mom if she test positive for drugs, something not right here

Originally posted by avonannie View Post
    Even though mom and baby had tested positive for pot ,mom had to sign a tca with cas, baby put in foster home but visits with dad 4 days per week, mother only had supervised visits, then mother again tested positive, cas is sending child back to mom instead of leaving her in the foster home dad really wants her but they are not allowing dad to have her full time
    How can cas return a child to the mom if she test positive for drugs, something not right here
    yes something is not right. Why didnt the father get the child??? Does he have his own issues or something?? Are they married, separated or what???

Comment

no never been married father lives with me so I supervise baby mother signed original tca, never found out iuntil he called for his visit now hes in court trying to get full custody, only thing i can think of mother made all kinds of accusations never proven, lady judge, cas is ver much for the mother

Comment

Not sure if pot smoking is grounds to lose custody of your child?

Comment

Originally posted by avonannie View Post
          no never been married father lives with me so I supervise baby mother signed original tca, never found out iuntil he called for his visit now hes in court trying to get full custody, only thing i can think of mother made all kinds of accusations never proven, lady judge, cas is ver much for the mother
          something doesnt seem right.

Comment

Originally posted by representingself View Post
            Not sure if pot smoking is grounds to lose custody of your child?

Yes. I have been told flat out by CAS that occasional pot smoking is not a concern to them.

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
              Yes. I have been told flat out by CAS that occasional pot smoking is not a concern to them.
              Yeah.. I didn't think so.

Technically, a woman can drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes/pot when she is pregnant, and she is not doing anything "illegal"...

Comment

how old is the child? In the op it said both baby and mother tested positive for pot.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                  how old is the child? In the op it said both baby and mother tested positive for pot.
                  baby 13 mnths yes sad cas takes that position while the dad did drug testing and came out clean
                  Just goes to show you dads dont really count

Comment

The CAS sho;uldn't be making custody decisions and god help us if they start. By that I mean if the mom has custody, the CAS does not decide to give it to the dad. The courts do that.

I think it's hurting you to focus on the CAS and for you to be upset that they didn't do something that shouldn't be within their power.

If the mom currently has custody, the CAS can seek the child be apprehended and put into foster care, but they can't just turn the custody over to the father.

Focus on the positives that the father can present to the child and seek custody from the courts on that basis and don't pick useless fights with the CAS. It's just a waste.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X