Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good news or not for families who depend on hydro. Time will tell.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news or not for families who depend on hydro. Time will tell.

More creative accounting. Good news or not for families who depend on hydro. Time will tell.

Ontario Introduces Electricity Cost Relief

Originally posted by logicalvelocity View Post
    More creative accounting. Good news or not for families who depend on hydro. Time will tell.

Ontario Introduces Electricity Cost Relief
    Yeah, but did you see the 48% increase McGinty has planed over the next 5 years?...Kinda defeats the purpose in my opinion.

Sorry 46%

Comment

Didn't there used to be a hydro cost relief programs that the Tories got rid of during the days of Mike Harris' common sense revolution?

Comment

Originally posted by LostFather View Post
        Yeah, but did you see the 48% increase McGinty has planed over the next 5 years?...Kinda defeats the purpose in my opinion.

Sorry 46%
        No kidding, I know a lot of families who are already depending on the food bank and the demand is just on the rise. It sucks when people are forced to choose between buying food and paying hydro but at least there are places like the food bank - god knows there will never be a hydron bank to help people.

Comment

Originally posted by LostFather View Post

Sorry 46%
          Yeah, I heard about that. This, is over and above the HST last July. Maybe we do need hydro subsidy banks.

Comment

We need to freak the hell out and do something.......Middle class is a faded memory......

Comment

Welcome to the oncoming two teared society.. poor and rich. Middle class was only a fleeting idea anyways. Oh the joys of our economy.

Comment

Originally posted by logicalvelocity View Post
                Yeah, I heard about that. This, is over and above the HST last July. Maybe we do need hydro subsidy banks.

If people remember... on July 1st, Ontario Hydro rates increased a total of 28% (HST (13%), delivery increase, eco fee (4%) etc, etc, etc.)... and my hydro bill last month had an insert which stated that effective January 1, 2011, the delivery rates are increasing an additional 10%.

Plus we are already paying the debt retirement charge until at least 2016.

This b*llsh!t "program" McGuinty is preaching now is nothing but smoke and mirrors..

Comment

Interesting overall statistics:

Ontario Deficit Nightmare: Nine years of deficits add $116.6 billion to debt.

Comment

We need to spend more money on statistics, its the only answer.

I installed a geothermal furnace 9 years ago. The money I saved has gone right back to hydro. I am at their mercy now.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X