This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating After Divorce

Since I separated, it seems like so many people that I know are headed down the same path to divorce (I think divorce is contagious).

Anyway, with all the women I know that are back in the market...there are some pretty hilarious dating stories when the date goes bad.

Friend had me cracking up yesterday about a guy she met online. Posted his pic up, claimed to be around her age (40-something)...she talked with him for a few weeks and they made plans to meet for coffee. He shows up at Tim's and walks up to her and introduces him and not only looks nothing like the pic he posted but is about 20 years younger...sneakers, teenage haircut, jeans with no belt so they're hanging down showing his boxers....lol. So she starts laughing and asks how old he is...and he says "Why aren't you into this?" She said she was laughing so hard she could barely tell him "hell no" and gets up to leave.

And the kicker, on the way out, she said he asked if she could give him a ride back to his parent's house....LMAO.

Anyone have any more of these? I could use the laugh.

Well, my experiences may not be funny, however, I did find that when I was on an online dating site I got hit on by young guys ALL THE TIME.

I wonder if they assume you must be easy since you're older and single - maybe they figure you don't have a lot of options...I don't know - it was weird. And they're very persistent!

Comment

Friend had me cracking up yesterday about a guy she met online. Posted his pic up, claimed to be around her age (40-something)...she talked with him for a few weeks and they made plans to meet for coffee. He shows up at Tim's and walks up to her and introduces him and not only looks nothing like the pic he posted but is about 20 years younger...sneakers, teenage haircut, jeans with no belt so they're hanging down showing his boxers....lol.
      Not really but I know of some experiences when you see a woman's pick and you think wow she is smokin hot! Then later after she loses her clothes, make-up, aqua filled bra etc. etc.

Comment

And no she wasn't a man.

Comment

Well, my experiences may not be funny, however, I did find that when I was on an online dating site I got hit on by young guys ALL THE TIME.
          Its probably ok as long as long as they're honest and you're into that. I actually have a friend who's been single for a very long time that prefers dating younger guys. I'm the opposite, I like them older...always have.

One thing I learned pretty early on (and advised my friend yesterday about) when I used online sites is that you have to invest in a webcam. I never met a guy that I didn't talk to on cam first a couple of times. It weeds out the people who put 15 year old pics up and it also gives you some clue about the person's mannerisms and body language. Its a little wierd to webcam the first few times but its far safer than meeting someone without having talked to them face-to-face first.

I wonder if they assume you must be easy since you're older and single - maybe they figure you don't have a lot of options...I don't know - it was weird. And they're very persistent!
          I understand there's a lot of women who are into younger guys...I've just never understood why.

Comment

Not really but I know of some experiences when you see a woman's pick and you think wow she is smokin hot! Then later after she loses her clothes, make-up, aqua filled bra etc. etc.
            lol...

There's a really good movie skit in an old Wayans brothers movie where this guy meets a woman in a bar and takes her home and tells her that he really likes her "as she is." So she says "really???" and he says "yes"...so she starts getting comfortable and takes off her fake leg, butt implants, stuffed bra, wig (she's bald), etc. He stands there the whole time with his mouth hanging open and then proceeds to try to run out of the room with her hopping after him on one leg.

Comment

Believe that was I'm gonna git ya sucka. Classic. lol

Possibly reasonable grounds to sue under 'false pretenses'?

Comment

My current partner is 8 years younger than I am. Right now it's not noticeable but I'm sure it will be when we hit old age. Makes me sad that he may be left to care for me one day...

Inspires me to try and stay healthy though.

And he has no mommy issues.
                Last edited by HappyMomma; 09-27-2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
                  Bold 1: Oh my...you were? I always wondered about that with our female members on here...i.e. how naughty they actually are off the boards
                  I said they hit on me, I didn't say I took them up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyMomma View Post
                    My current partner is 8 years younger than I am. Right now it's not noticeable but I'm sure it will be when we hit old age. Makes me sad that he may be left to care for me one day...

Inspires me to try and stay healthy though.

And he has no mommy issues.
                    I am currently with someone who is 17 years older than me and we're happy. Not that it really matters, but she really doesn't look her age at all.

After a certain point age is just a number and getting older is yet another reason to not act your age.

I have never been good at self diagnosis but I don't believe I have mommy issues.

I said they hit on me, I didn't say I took them up on it.
                    You neither confirmed nor denied it so we were all left to fill in the blanks ourselves

Comment

They are looking to get laid and assume older women are a sure thing.

Comment

I had a date with a girl , and she started asking me about my ex and things ,I told her a bit , she couldnt believe it ,so i tried to say i dont like talking about it anymore and trying to move forward.
                        Well we went out maybe once after the intial phone call and stayed in contact by text,things were going good..
                        She calls me the one night to go out and say lets go we are going to a few places, I was reluctant, but went (heh it has been awhile) ,so realized through the night that she was kind of cukoo ,and paranoid about her ex being at these places and such, went back to her place and stayed the night, she starts talking about her ex and how he was cloning her phone and spying on her and shows me the meds she was on , I could not get out of there fast enough ,she was on the same meds as my ex was on ,,,, had to phone my son and say pick me up asap ,,, 911
                        She still continued to text me after that and I actually was trying to meet up with her once more ,for some unkown reason(be nice) and she says ,sorry on a date ,,, I texted her back saying thank god its not me bye..

This is a good topic , I still have more..

Comment

and shows me the meds she was on , I could not get out of there fast enough ,she was on the same meds as my ex was on ,,,,
                          lol, One of the first dates I had after separation....I met this guy for lunch and within the first 5 minutes, he asks me "Are you on any anti-depressants or do you have a restraining order against you". So I started laughing. Then I look at him and he's not laughing. And I say "are you serious?!?" And he says yep and proceeds to tell me that for the last two years every woman he dated was either medicated or violent. He then goes through a list of medications that he doesn't mind too much if I'm on.

I told him that the only medication I've ever taken was tylenol cold but I realized that dating after divorce was going to be a very, very interesting experience. And it was...I met some really "interesting" men...luckily, I didn't have to date very long cause there's no way I would have bothered much longer if I hadn't met the right guy.

Comment

Wow, never thought of that, to ask what kind of meds you are on and what are tolerable for a date,, did you ask him if he takes viagara? you should of.. would of thrown him off a bit..

Comment

I've got a date for this weekend! His name is Woody, he's soooo hot!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X