No announcement yet.

LOA Gives you Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And she is good at it. Now where are your accusations. If a Judge has only her juicy stuff to read and yours is all normal and boring who do you think will have the upper hand.
    Of course these accusations are rarely read from anyone except you and the proof your preparing to show how the peeler bar is not open on Tues will not matter and that will make you feel even worse when find out no one cares, again, except you.
    Look the water bill was not paid. That,s because she has a fear of water from the municipality and was some how dumping water out the hose all night to cleanse the water mains and she has interfered with paying the bill by damaging the mail box. Think about this statement. Yes it sounds ridiculous but what if it were true. What if aliens aliens exist, did you know Pluto has ice mountains. Get the picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headwaters1 View Post
      My other stress at this point remains - my wife is on Legal Aid - has no motivation to not go to trial. I am paying $400/hr and I'm in $20k.
      Wow!

I guess I should have become a lawyer. May i ask who is repping you? Please PM me if you do not wish to say in public.

Terrific account of what transpired, and a great read.

I was wondering, when she did the ex parte motion, did she seek a restraining order against you?

Comment

• I am self repping. No she didn't attempt a restraining order.

Comment

• Template

Originally posted by vocalfather View Post
          LovingFather32, do we have the same ex?! All the same accusations over here too. Insanity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Think it's a basic template that a certain population use in family law. Including some lawyers. (Drugs/Alcohol, Emotional Abuse, Sexual Abuse..etc).

My ex even brought an e-mail I sent to my mom that had harmless "xoxox's" at the end and tried to insinuate incest. LAO lawyer says "See .. clearly Mr. ___ even has boundary issues with his own mom"....over xoxo's. Can you believe it?

So it starts off with these basic allegations then they wait to build on them .. like an activity as normal as giving your daughter a bath .. etc.

Then there are parties like us .. who are seeking resolve and wanting to move on in life .. which IMO is in the child's best interests more than anything else.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I want to put D4 through school ($$) ... instead Ill be funding the lawyers' children's education with all this nonsense.

Comment

• Same S***, Different Case

Just posted to CanLII 29 July 2015

Interesting read for those of us who have been falsely accused in family to gain leverage in custody cases:

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/do...5onsc4803.html

Freshly separated, applicant/mother makes strategic allegations of domestic abuse and danger to young child to the court and CAS to get sole custody and gets slammed to the mat by the judge.

Comment

• The incongruence of both allowing the child to be with the father and claiming the child to be in danger. It was the same thing that tripped up my ex. We were essentially sharing the child 50/50 after separation all overnights. And yet she was claiming the child was in danger.

Unfortunately that's why a smart liar like in lf32 case will just hold the child away from the father. But then as it appears the truth leaks out, albeit more slowly, but it comes out in other ways.

Comment

• So a new development in my case.

In July we settled our custody and access. It went from wild allegations to joint 50/50 custody on a 2-2-5-5 basis.

The second settlement conference was schedule for early January. It was to deal with child support and they want to break open my marriage contract to dispute spousal and equalization.

The applicant served me late by putting the papers in the mail three days before Christmas (in fact I have yet to receive it),

When I got a copy from the clerks office I could see no offer was made.

So we went in front of the judge he said "looks like we are getting anywhere so I am converting this into a trial management conference and I want trial by March."

So looks like I am going to trial.

I have sent in a revised letter of offer and requested a Legal Aid mediation (letting the opposing side I will have representation for that mediation). They said no. Claiming legal aid can't mediate in spousal and equalization.

So...wow. I guess this is going to trial.

Next stop questioning.

Comment

So a new development in my case.

In July we settled our custody and access. It went from wild allegations to joint 50/50 custody on a 2-2-5-5 basis.

The second settlement conference was schedule for early January. It was to deal with child support and they want to break open my marriage contract to dispute spousal and equalization.

The applicant served me late by putting the papers in the mail three days before Christmas (in fact I have yet to receive it),

When I got a copy from the clerks office I could see no offer was made.

So we went in front of the judge he said "looks like we are getting anywhere so I am converting this into a trial management conference and I want trial by March."

So looks like I am going to trial.

I have sent in a revised letter of offer and requested a Legal Aid mediation (letting the opposing side I will have representation for that mediation). They said no. Claiming legal aid can't mediate in spousal and equalization.

So...wow. I guess this is going to trial.

Next stop questioning.
                  What do you mean by questioning?

How does questioning work?

Is it before a trial?

Comment

• Yes before trial. It's like deposition in any other court case. You get asked questions and court reporter records it all. Such fun.

Comment

• So the latest headache is...the judge allowed her to amend the pleadings. So an amended application was filed two weeks ago. *

Turns out she missed the rules on amended documents that states you have to include in rule or order in the column on every page that has an amendment.*

*‎So after being served on me it turns out the court refused it as deficient.*

I emailed her lawyer asking what they plan to do.*

They responded saying "it was a clerical error which will be corrected by a motion 14b which will be served on you next week".*

Has anyone heard of this before?

Comment

• The major issue at hand now is the Marriage Contract. I have allowed them to amend the pleadings to accept the argument they want to "strike down" the marriage contract.

The contract was signed:
                        check
                        - With independent legal advice - with a lawyer she contacted and met without any intervention on my part

- disclosure of all assets and liabilities were shared - in fact the contract itself says all parties were satisfied with disclosure

- attached to the contract were two certificates of solicitors - signed separately by each lawyer (mine and hers) which stated they reviewed the contract in detail, affirmed they were dealing with the right people (checked id) and they believe the parties understood the consequences of what they were signing.

So now she is claiming that:

- she did not understand English - that the lawyers accent was too thick
                        - she didn't see disclosure
                        - felt pressure to sign it
                        - lawyer did not go through every clause

So now I have just contacted her previous lawyer since it looks like we are going to trial to see if he would serve as a witness.

He says he will sign an affidavit to the effect he did met with her, she understood him clearly and they went through the contract.

He said that he won't serve as a witness but I need to serve him with a notice of some sort to request this information.

Does anyone know the proper form to serve on a lawyer? I will need to serve this on the other party as well.

I think this is good news...very helpful.
                        Last edited by Headwaters1; 01-27-2016, 03:25 PM.

Comment

So the latest headache is...the judge allowed her to amend the pleadings. So an amended application was filed two weeks ago. *

Turns out she missed the rules on amended documents that states you have to include in rule or order in the column on every page that has an amendment.*

*‎So after being served on me it turns out the court refused it as deficient.*

I emailed her lawyer asking what they plan to do.*

They responded saying "it was a clerical error which will be corrected by a motion 14b which will be served on you next week".*

Has anyone heard of this before?
                          Was their Form 14 B Successful?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X