No announcement yet.

reopening FRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This happened to me in March but by the enforcement agency in NL. I got no information other than the other parent submitted a doctor's note for the child and I had to pay. Child wasn't even living at home! I was able to prove the child wasn't living at home and they reversed it. But it's ridiculous how easy it is to simply open up a closed file. And they wouldn't provide me with the information that they were given. Just "we received a note and the child is eligible". It took over a month to get it reversed.

Comment

velas -I have proof on a few things , I have sent it and not paying for an online course , they really don't look at their information , and in the long run if he really was in school why would she avoid sending the transcripts etc , they can pull them online

Comment

My husband got a call from FRO last week advising him they had FINALLY processed the new order (from January) and that he can start paying October 1. They will not calculate the amount owing outlined in the order from September of last year (13 months which was clearly outlined in the order that cs would start sept 1 of last year) and that his ex now has to file that as arrears. It was ridiculous and we can't believe they aren't able to follow the order despite everything I have read here with others! I have a feeling when we get the paperwork there will be something different in there.

Comment

I feel that the legit people pay , and they don't try at all to help the other side.I on the other hand had an ex that didn't pay and nothing they could do ! I hope they sort it out and clearly you get the paper work explaining this as we have nothing at all ? just the form of arrears she listed . I am pretty sure if we go to court the judge would be on her why she manages to go years without proof of schooling and he paid without it . I don't agree with any of this . Nothing to prove ? Good luck with your issue keep us posted .

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X