X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janus View Post
    Of course, a guy who marries a recipient of support has only opportunities

I find that there are two messages:

A) Marry a payor: Suck it up, you have to shoulder the responsibility too. Should have thought of that before you married the payor.

B) Marry a recipient: You don't have any responsibilities, even though you knew that you were marrying somebody with children. Congratulations!
    I betcha Oink would disagree with this! He wasn't given any responsibilities, shut out of the childs life really, and is now fighting because some stupid ass wants child support X2.

No one has to shoulder the responsibility of marrying my 'payor'. She is more than welcome to become a step parent to my children. She is not welcome to start crying poor because child support bites into 'their funding'.

Amen

Comment

Perhaps I should elaborate on what I said earlier.

"responsibility" = parenting and contributing towards the well-being of the children. This could be a payor or a receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
        Funny how we all read the same post and see different things..What jumped out at me was that he kept the family farm.

In my neck of the woods, the family farm would easily be worth quadruple (or more) any family home. I wonder if he took the gain at equalization. Presumably at the date of separation he also knew both households were 5 hours apart.

And I don't think swimming, gymnastics and piano are excessive S7 requests.
        I thought the same, he may also be living poor as most of the money in a family farm is in equitity.

Either way, it is reasonnable for him to request to see the S7 invoices before paying and can request advance notice on upcoming s7 expenses.

Comment

Funny how we all read the same post and see different things..What jumped out at me was that he kept the family farm.

In my neck of the woods, the family farm would easily be worth quadruple (or more) any family home. I wonder if he took the gain at equalization. Presumably at the date of separation he also knew both households were 5 hours apart.
          I bet he derives income from the farm, and the recipient claims a good portion of that income as support.

Unless the child is extraordinarily talented, then they are definitely excessive S7 requests.

Comment

Swimming, gymnastics, and piano are not Section 7 - they are not extraordinary (unless the combined income is very low, or the costs of those are very high).

They are covered by CS

Comment

Originally posted by billm View Post
              Swimming, gymnastics, and piano are not Section 7 - they are not extraordinary (unless the combined income is very low, or the costs of those are very high).

They are covered by CS
              oy - of course! I meant to say not out of the ordinary activities for the kids. Don't have a clue re: s7, never asked for, never received.

I bet he derives income from the farm, and the recipient claims a good portion of that income as support.
              Not necessarily, Janus - I hang with farmers, and not many of them are making a lot of money right now - particularly given last summer's heat. They rely on their equity, loans, etc.
              Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Here some feedback from my experiences in Court.
                1) The opposing party needs to ask the other parties consent to contribute their portion according to their proportional share based on both parties income. Ex ex wife 40% Dad 60%.
                2) Should Dad agree she is required to send the receipt to Dad and Dad to reimburse within 15 days OR you can request the service provider info and pay them directly and receive your receipt directly from them.
                3) You can also request that you pay a limited number of activities per year example 3 sports per child per year or a maximum amount example $650.00 per year.
                4)if Mom has custody she will likely claim the full $500 on tax return, I wouldn't bother arguing about this with her.
                5)your bf can claim his portion of daycare on his tax returns, this is why you should pay the provider directly and get receipts.
                6)if he pays a set amount above his support on agreement. You should have in writing that by December 31st of each year she is to provide all receipts for Section 7 expenses and calculate weather you owe her or she owes you a credit.
                Hope this helps!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X