Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad is this?

So i'm in the middle of trial.

We provide some texts to the other party but then my lawyer finds out that there are some texts missing and believes it's intentional.

Anyways, she's upset enough that she tries to stop representing me. And tells the judge she can no longer be on the case due to break-down of solicitor client relationship.

Obviously i cannot self-represent and after a lot of begging, she says only way she can continue representing me is to tell the judge what happened. She warns me that this would be extremely prejudicial to me. But I have no other option.

Adjournment is out of question as I can't afford to be dinged with costs. So we tell the judge that she realized what happened and that we cannot be relying on texts provided. Judge accepts and we continue trial.

How bad is this if i'm trying to get increased parenting time? Will the judge believe anything I have to say at all or just ignore everything given what happened?

I'm trying to get increased access.

I don't know the answer.
    -You said you told 1/2 truths for your psych evaluation, got caught.
    -I think you had charges that were dismissed but it was on a technicality but you act like it didn't happen.
    -Now there is evidence missing/altered and your lawyer is really upset about it enough to quit or threaten to quit.

There has to be more, this is the tip of the iceberg.
    We are just people on a forum and I don't know why we would be told the truth.

Your lawyer may have smoothed it out with the judge but you are a person that makes mistakes and covers them up. It doesn't sound stable. Ask your lawyer about settling without an assessment of costs. Save the money for when you are more on the ball? I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post
      I don't know the answer.
      -You said you told 1/2 truths for your psych evaluation, got caught.
      -I think you had charges that were dismissed but it was on a technicality but you act like it didn't happen.
      -Now there is evidence missing/altered and your lawyer is really upset about it enough to quit or threaten to quit.

There has to be more, this is the tip of the iceberg.
      We are just people on a forum and I don't know why we would be told the truth.

Your lawyer may have smoothed it out with the judge but you are a person that makes mistakes and covers them up. It doesn't sound stable. Ask your lawyer about settling without an assessment of costs. Save the money for when you are more on the ball? I don't know.
      I tried VERY hard to settle but they just don't want to. On the other side, she admitted today that her concerns regarding my mental health was more around "irritability" more than anything.

Comment

Well we don't know what your lawyer said to the judge, who the judge is or what else is going on.
        I could say "this looks really bad on you" meanwhile your ex could be looking really bad; your lawyer can simply handling you (because you need it) or may have felt they really are about done with you.
        Your lawyer is your captain. Listen to your captain. Stop overthinking and concentrate on what you need to to do well in court.

Comment

Thank you - seems like a fair answer.

Comment

You’re coming to an anonymous forum after begging your lawyer not to fire you asking how bad it is? It’s bad. But you are to blame.

Throughout all your threads people here have told you to quit your fuckshit and you just continued. Acting like you were vindicated when your domestic abuse case was ended on a technicality, when it came out you lied to a medical professional and now your lawyer wanted to fire you for not being honest with her.

Do you get it yet? Do you realize you need to lose the cocky arrogant I’m the best attitude? You are not just in deep shit, you are looking at financial ruin AND losing your kids. You may need to do some serious soul searching and decide if you can settle and get this done without catastrophic loses or if you can continue fighting.

You are to blame for everything that went wrong in your case. I’m not sorry for saying that either. People here warned you. Domestic assault survivors warned you. Legal experts warned you. Your own freaking counsel warned you.

Comment

Helenj I highly advise against posting on a public forum and asking for advice during your trial. This could backfire on you. Your lawyer or opposing counsel or even your ex could read what you have posted and if you include enough details would be able to deduce who you are. That could get you in even more trouble. For instance your lawyer, who wanted to quit and whom you begged to stay, could read your post and realize you are talking about her and now would truely abandon you. If you write details about your trial while it is going on that make it easy to identify who you are, and that is brought to the attention of the judge…why take the risk? Just why?
              Last edited by Stillbreathing; 03-04-2022, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stillbreathing View Post
                Helenj I highly advise against posting on a public forum and asking for advice during your trial. This could backfire on you. Your lawyer or opposing counsel or even your ex could read what you have posted and if you include enough details would be able to deduce who you are. That could get you in even more trouble. For instance your lawyer, who wanted to quit and whom you begged to stay, could read your post and realize you are talking about her and now would truely abandon you. If you write details about your trial while it is going on that make it easy to identify who you are, and that is brought to the attention of the judge…why take the risk? Just why?
                Best advice yet.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X