Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parental Alienation- Leading Case Law

Hi Forum-

Looking for leading case law in Ontario regarding parental alienation. Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm searching canlii but looking for advice on leading cases. Thank you !

There is a very good article about this on canlii at -

Children Resisting Contact & Parental Alienation: Context, Challenges & Recent Ontario Cases | CanLII
    Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Thank you Jeff! several applicable cases cited within the article. Appreciate the help.

Comment

Morning-

The judge signed an order for reunification therapy within 30 days for the kids. Will be 75 days before the start of this therapy since the ex took so long to sign. After the latest case conference , which the ex won zero of her requests, she took the kids out of school on our custody day. They refuse to come over/get on the bus/etc, talk to me, etc. I went to the school and they physically refuse to come.

So it is what it is until the therapy can start. I can't physically make them.

My question is- How should I present this to the little half siblings who are 4 and 6 and LOVE their older brother and sister? They haven't seen this in 12+ days now and my wife and me need to give them something... I'm worried about how this will impact them..

Comment

You tell them they are busy with school and will see them soon. Don’t count days or sleeps, don’t reference it, don’t make note of it.

Kids build off the feelings of their parents and they follow your energy. If you treat it as something as simple as “they have a lot going on” the kids will accept it as that. It is a bigger deal to you than it is to them.

You could also reach out to the older kids and ask them if they would entertain a call or video chat on a regular basis with their siblings and go from there.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X