Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 10:25 PM

Teenwolf is on a distinguished road

Fair enough, but you are in a situation whereby the NCP plays nicely. If the NCP was not paying, and telling you that s/he had no money, you'd likely be looking for income disclosure. Otherwise, life would go on with no financial support from the NCP.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:03 PM

billm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by michlyn View Post
Does anyone really disclose their financials after all the issues have been dealt with and a court order is in place? I have been divorced for 11 years from my first ex and we have never exchanged our financials. He pays his support on a regular basis (were not with FRO) and life goes on. To get the support changed if you are with FRO would require a new court order and going to court costs money if you can't get legal aid. I'm just happy he pays. Why rock the boat.
Sounds good but if his income has increased, isn't he at risk that you take him to court and get retro payments based on that?

You may say you are satisfied with what he has paid, but it's best not to trust your ex (meaning you in this case). Mine would change her mind and go after me if she figured out she could get more even if she had said nothing about it over the years or said that she would not - she can't be trusted to stick to her word.

So best to change payments yearly based on incomes.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:54 PM

your six.ca is on a distinguished road

take a look at the Support Information Exchange ( Home // Solution to Your Support Payment and Family Responsibility Office (FRO) Problems ) it has been recently recognized within the Ministry of the Attorney General as a useful tool for separated parents to evidence disclosure compliance. It is being introduced to the Family Law Information Centers and the on-site mediators in all 47 court locations across Ontario and has been circulated to the judiciary. There is no 1st year fee for the 1st parent to sign up
Old 03-22-2012, 09:55 PM

Motorhead168 is on a distinguished road

" If you communicate by email, write him an email. That way, you have proof that you asked for it and he didn't comply."

Where would the proof be? I've sent more than one person an e-mail and they never received them (and they weren't money-related).
Old 04-02-2012, 05:16 PM

Momymonkey is on a distinguished road

I'm in the middle of an argument right now about financials disclosure. I have always given my "Notice of Assessment" and never the T4. Is this part of the new info for the Dec 31/11 changes?
Old 04-03-2012, 07:29 AM

NBDad is on a distinguished road

In most cases the NOA is all that you would need. If the other parent disagrees with the NOA, then you may have to provide the T4's/etc to provide proof of income.

Where everyone involved is acting like adults, this should be fairly cut and dry. Exchange NOA's each year. Plug the info into the calculator to figure out what the new amounts are. Start paying new amounts. Rinse and repeat.

If everyone would just stop the vindictive juvenile BS, FRO wouldn't NEED to exist.

However, like many on this forum are aware, it doesn't always work that way. Where significant sums of money are involved, people don't act rationally. Tell a CS recipient they are all of a sudden getting a couple hundred LESS a month, and they flip their shit.

@Motorhead: if you need to provide proof of receipt...use Microsoft OUTLOOK if possible. There is a section for "request delivery receipt" that can be enabled (depending on the email environment you are in) so you can at least confirm it was delivered.

If the other party ignores you, then you revert to R3 letter. (registered, receipt required) as a followup.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:19 PM

Momymonkey is on a distinguished road

Thank you NB! I thought so.
I've been a NCP for 10yrs now and it doesn't get any easier when money is involved. I just wish his character assassinations would stop!!
I just have to hang in for a few more years

One more question NB, I have requested his NOA for many years and have never received one. I know it isn't really relevant to child support but I'm within my rights to request it right?
Old 04-03-2012, 12:32 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Section 7 expenses are dependant on each parent's income. Both parents, even in a CP/NCP situation, have a right to annual disclosure.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:57 PM

NBDad is on a distinguished road

Yep, usually 30 days from the date of request, it has to be provided.
No NOA = no payment of section 7. (BANK the money for it though in case the other party tries and haul you to court)

Send the request via email, wait 30 days. Then send the request R3 letter...wait 10-20 days. Then file motion with the courts, and ask for both the NOA to be disclosed, and for costs.

Rinse and repeat each year.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:16 AM

Teenwolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead168 View Post
" If you communicate by email, write him an email. That way, you have proof that you asked for it and he didn't comply."

Where would the proof be? I've sent more than one person an e-mail and they never received them (and they weren't money-related).
Fair enough; however, having some print outs of sent email is better than just stating that you verbally asked.
Closed Thread