Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no-i think there is some misunderstandings-just wanted to know what happens when common laws split up. Everything said here was just suggestions by whoever. Perhaps it's too easy to make critisisms when a whole story is not known.

Such as i came into the relationship with my own money and sold a house and closed a business to move. So, it's seems bad when all details are not given.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrie123 View Post
      no-i think there is some misunderstandings-just wanted to know what happens when common laws split up. Everything said here was just suggestions by whoever. Perhaps it's too easy to make critisisms when a whole story is not known.

Such as i came into the relationship with my own money and sold a house and closed a business to move. So, it's seems bad when all details are not given.
      was there any money left over after closing the business and sellling the house? If you have that little nest egg left over then I would not even bother asking him for money. It didn't work out for whatever reason so just make a clean break. Talk to him about how you are feeling and see if he feels the same. Remember men are not mind readers, he may think that everything is okay and you are not ready to leave.

Comment

Carrie,
        I have a question: Does your boyfriend still love you?

Comment

i broke even. No debts.

Yes i think he still loves me.

I just needed to know if i decided to leave if i am temporarily an adult back at ma and pops house. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrie123 View Post

I just needed to know if i decided to leave if i am temporarily an adult back at ma and pops house. Yikes.
            You wouldn't be the first person. I did it.....twice.....

Comment

i could see going after some spousal support to help you get resituated if HE was up and leaving you... or abusing you.... or making your life hell in some way... but seeing as he's been kind enough to take care of you, I think it should be YOUR responsibility to find ways in which to be financially responsible for yourself should you leave him....
              Remember something here - every day you have to look in the mirror, you have to look at yourself... be sure that reflection is someone you are proud of and someone you can stand to look at.... it can become a long journey this thing called life if you cannot be proud of who you are

Comment

You have no debts, and probably a decent credit rating after having your own business and owning a home. Do you have skills you can use to start working again? Why aren't you willing to go into a little debt yourself to start over? I think most of us here are heavily into debt, and I can say for sure it is worth it to help you move on.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X