Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Old 03-30-2018, 02:10 AM

Newfie76 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default What are your thoughts?....

I would like to hear from the outspoken women activists on hear (you know who you are) regarding the attached article below. Those that have spoken strongly and defiantly for spousal support, child benefits, child support, dead beat dads etc.... you know who you are....

In short the article covers a father who:
1) lost custody of his children (not as a problem today but still reduced custody prevails)
2) declared bankruptcy (inline with most debt bondage fathers they have little money and no additional time to earn more)
3) faced depression (as with a large majority of debt bondage fathers who also lose 50% or more of the access to their children)
4) faced alienation (again is a norm for fathers)
5) committed suicide ) 75% of all suicides today are men. 3000 a year
6) loved his children but the depression got him first...

NOTE: That is real blood in the photo within the link....so if you can't stand the sight you may not want to click.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/chri...him-to-suicide

Open to comments....hopefully they are respectful. Its just frustrating to read arrogant posts on this forum beating up fathers for not paying more...when they already have paid what they can, but yet because the court says they must pay more DOES NOT MEAN there is more. Shameful to read many of the comments on this forum from mainly women.... its basic logic...a little morality and some basic ethics. Not difficult.....but no, I only read pure evil and arrogance. I guess I'm predicting the responses...
Old 03-30-2018, 07:48 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Id like to hear your thoughts on the amount of deadbeat fathers who skip out on their children? You know the ones forcing moms to get two jobs, not see their children, try to get FRO after the deadbeat father, having their children go without because they cant afford it, all because their deadbeat father skipped out on his responsibilities.

Goes both ways there pal. And like I said in the other post, I am a mother who is with the father but I do have two step children that their father pays full support for, plus S7 expenses and now paying for braces. I am all for fathers rights but Id be damned if my husband was going to skip out on his responsibilities to his children or allow them to go without braces because there wasnt enough...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
Id like to hear your thoughts on the amount of deadbeat fathers who skip out on their children? You know the ones forcing moms to get two jobs, not see their children, try to get FRO after the deadbeat father, having their children go without because they cant afford it, all because their deadbeat father skipped out on his responsibilities.

Goes both ways there pal. And like I said in the other post, I am a mother who is with the father but I do have two step children that their father pays full support for, plus S7 expenses and now paying for braces. I am all for fathers rights but Id be damned if my husband was going to skip out on his responsibilities to his children or allow them to go without braces because there wasnt enough...

Are you saying this man was a deadbeat father? seriously? his blood is on that letter and you broughtout the deadbeat father comment!!!! you are low...

do some research and come back....Compare how many mothers are out there receiving CS/SS and are underemployed or not employed TO how many fathers REFUSE to pay CS.

Your true numbers will show you that the number of deadbeat mothers near triples that of deadbeat fathers.....

Really shameful by the way....disrespectful...

And a deadbeat father is not one that cant not pay, but one that wont pay. There is a difference.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:50 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I would like to read the actual court case(s) instead of some hack journalist's interpretation.

Construction of microwave towers was an extremely lucrative business resulting in many multi-millionaires. Hack journalist indicates he lost his home(s) ? I note the amount of money paid to lawyers was huge. People are put into jail who refuse to pay court-ordered support. You can be sure that he was given plenty of opportunity to "purge" his contempt but chose not to.

My thoughts? Man was a coward. He took the easy way out. His actions will effect his children for the rest of their lives.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:56 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie76 View Post
Are you saying this man was a deadbeat father? seriously? his blood is on that letter and you broughtout the deadbeat father comment!!!! you are low...

do some research and come back....Compare how many mothers are out there receiving CS/SS and are underemployed or not employed TO how many fathers REFUSE to pay CS.

Your true numbers will show you that the number of deadbeat mothers near triples that of deadbeat fathers.....

Really shameful by the way....disrespectful...

And a deadbeat father is not one that cant not pay, but one that wont pay. There is a difference.

Nah Im not going to bother reading your article. Please point out where I said that father was a deadbeat? You can harp all you want about paying parents not being able to afford CS all you want but some how there are millions of people affording their support without trouble? Maybe if one cant afford support they should take a look at their own financial situation and see where they are wasting their money?

Old 03-30-2018, 10:17 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

hahaha I found the case:

https://www.canlii.org/en/bc/bcsc/do...6bcsc1286.html

guy was a liar about his income and judge called him on it.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:03 AM

Stillbreathing will become famous soon enough

Wow. What a divergence from the truth! From Christies article it sounds like this man had a long standing trauma history from childhood. Although he was able to overcome it in part by becoming a successful entrepreneur. By reading the Canlii account it is evident that this man was making very poor choices when it came to providing disclosure or complying with court orders. His childhood trauma history would likely have played a huge role in how he perceived and reacted to stressful life events. Add to this the cognitive distortions associated with depression...

Too bad his lawyer didnt recognize by his clients reactions, responses and perceptions of the legal proceedings, that something was wrong.

Its also a shame that this mans current wife was so blinded and one sided in her support of him that she missed the boat entirely and was unable to help him. Had she been able to see and acknowledge that he himself was making things worse by lying in court and not co-operating perhaps she could have lovingly pointed out to him that he was making some poor choices that were resulting in poor consequences.

To the OP of this thread. This is not as black and white a case as the article makes it sound. It has multiple layers. The family court system is one layer. Ms. Blanchard did a disservice to this man and all the other human beings affected by his suicide to exclusively blame family court in these tragic circumstances

Last edited by Stillbreathing; 03-30-2018 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:16 PM

Twilight zone I must be in.....

A judge says he is lying with little evidence to the notion...and thats it the man is guilty? The man was fighting for his kids and he lost everything. Insanity...you all are. Zero logic. Zero compassion, No morals, no ethics, Lots of hate, and ALL hide behind the falsity of "the best interest of the children".... Biggest fraud to date. Lazy dead beat mothers praying on the hard work of men.

Can't fight insanity.... cause that what most of you are....
Old 03-30-2018, 08:52 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

You asked for opinions so that you could disparage those who disagree with you?
Old 03-30-2018, 09:43 PM

kate331 is on a distinguished road

Then fight back at the system, organize together like minded people and then convince others to get the 50/50 default custody to be written into Law to start with. Think of the majority you will have; Fathers & Second Wives. Us Deadbeat Lazy Moms will be in the minority.

This forum has over 31,000 members, its a great place to start to form a grass roots organization with members from across the country, all your target audience since they are going through a separation and/or divorce. Take it too the streets, in front of all the Court Houses. Alert the media, you already have Ms. Blatchfords attention.

I'd like to know how you would answer 2 questions I have.

1) Why has the Fathers Rights Movement failed?

2) Why is it that so many Mothers are left on Social Assistance? Shouldn't they be living off ex's paychecks instead?

Your passion can be put to better use then wining about who should pay for braces, look at the bigger picture your trying to achieve. Do it for Jeramey.

Last edited by kate331; 03-30-2018 at 09:45 PM. Reason: spelling