Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 10-31-2019, 01:03 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
Have a grandparent open an RESP and put everything in there. Easiest solution. As for the SIN number. You can request a copy.
Which grandparent? His mom? Is old and would definitely drain the RESP, because his sister has POA over her affairs and she (his sister) helped him fuck me over financially (they're both accountants).

My parents? He would never allow that.

If you request a copy- they'll ask you why. If you say it was lost- they issue a new one.

I took rocksan's advice and let him know if I don't have the letter or a copy of it before the week's end. I'll report the number as missing next week.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:09 PM

seeker101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iona6656 View Post
My parents? He would never allow that.
Assuming one has the SIN of a child, why would a grandparent need approval of the ex? Isn't it totally the grandparents' discretion?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker101 View Post
Assuming one has the SIN of a child, why would a grandparent need approval of the ex? Isn't it totally the grandparents' discretion?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
the issue is that the money to be transferred to the RESP from the sale of the matrimonial home is significant- and the goal is to not have the RESP drained by either party, or through their respective parents.

We only had 3 choices:

1. Agree on an alternate RESP through a bank (and only one person could be the subscriber)

2. Go with the CST

3. Go back to court for clarification
Old 11-06-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Tell him to provide you with either the email he sent to his RESP rep or permission to contact that rep for the number.

If he refuses, tell him you expect to receive a copy of the letter within 24 hours or you will be calling to report it missing and requesting a new one which will impact his RESP if he has one.

Also, as soon as you get it, open your own damn RESP to get the grant money. If he has opened his own he has gotten the grant money from the govt.
Thanks Rocksan- this is exactly what I did. I don't like pulling the ultimatum card. But I did it.

I told him if I didn't have it by the next exchange I would report it lost. He said then he wanted her notarized birth certificate copy before he would exchange. So I said "sure".

And it was done.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:00 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by iona6656 View Post
Thanks Rocksan- this is exactly what I did. I don't like pulling the ultimatum card. But I did it.

I told him if I didn't have it by the next exchange I would report it lost. He said then he wanted her notarized birth certificate copy before he would exchange. So I said "sure".

And it was done.

He found it?
Old 11-06-2019, 07:52 PM

Default Getting SIN copy- other parent refuses to give it

Yep. But of course he demanded a copy of the birth certificate before he’d give it to me. So sure. I had it ready to go. I was going to send it to his lawyer, but now I’ve fulfilled that obligation.