Ray of Sunshine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray of Sunshine

After many weeks of personal difficulties with selling the house, moving to an apartment, my husbands 7 week hospitalization and still working full time, I finally got to spend a little time with my amazing GD4 on the weekend. It was like a healing balm after many dark days. She is just so sweet and I have really missed not seeing her regularly during the past couple of months with everything going on.

My husband is still pretty ill, but when GD smiles and gently kisses him, telling him how she missed him, life seems much better.

Anyway, no real question, just a little update and a lot of thankfulness. Grandkids are awesome!

It's good to hear after such a week .

My mother haven't seen my kids for over two years now.

Speaking with an old lady , she admitted that she was fortunate to have had only two daughters. They are both divorced but she still see her grand children. Unfortunately, it's not the same when your "son" gets divorced. Hope you can get a grip on pictures or follow them on FaceBook...

It's only Evil to hide the children from the other extended family. Enjoy those precious moments when they come.

Comment

Mafia:

I'm sorry to hear that about your mom. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't see my gkids regularly. Fortunately, it is not for reasons of the parents that I couldn't see my GD much recently, it was due to my own issues going on that really limited my available time. My D would never stop me from seeing the kids, although god forbid if something happened to her, it would be a different story with my GD's dad.

Luckily, I haven't heard of any real issues between my D and her ex regarding my GD lately, which I'm grateful for. Things seem somewhat stable right now in that regard.

I too think extended family is important to kids. It gives a sense of belonging and tradition and of being connected to the larger family, on both sides.
      Last edited by PeacefulMoments; 05-25-2016, 08:28 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Glad everything is going well in your family.

Still, you are not to worry about the relation with your GD as she is from your D. Replace your D by a S and I can guarantee you that it would be much different.

I have two daughters and one son. I will insist my Ds do not restrain their ex for seing their children if drama occurs. I'm in a good position to show them the good way.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X