Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Disability Insurance count as income?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laughingstock View Post
    Thank you for the information everyone.

I understand your view Beentheredonethis.....everyone's views is based on their own experience/cases. I have learned that there is no common sense with Family Law....It is ridiculous that the court would give your ex a car/half the house/ and half your pension/ when you are left to financially support your children on your own due to the situation.

My co-worker's ex got the house in their case (did not buy his share out)

My co-worker needs his vehicle TO SEE HIS KIDS....he must provide all transportation for the kids to and from his residence as he and his ex live in different cities.
    Of course he may not have a vehicle much longer if the financial situation stays the same, he won't be able to afford the insurance renewal.

As I've said he's always paid his Child Support, He's not currently behind....just really struggling because his income has dropped substantially...and she's still getting the amount as if he was working, when he's not.

Which is why I was looking for the info regarding it all
    My understanding is that with LTD, retraining for an occupation that is doable may be an option. This might be something your friend should look into.

Comment

Laughingstock - my current spouse was on LTD and his CS was lowered (not court ordered support, mutually agreed on by both parties while he was on LTD).
      She is now taking him to court though, to get retro support.
      I do have a very poor view of the system. Nobody would have thought my case would have turned the way it did, but it did.
      There isn't always justice, or rights, for the children.
      My ex was also in a different city. The car went to him, remained in my name, and he was supposed to make payments on it. He destroyed my finances in the process. It was a mess. No reprecussions for him. Long story short, the court felt bad for his situation.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X