Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:17 AM

tunnelight has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default the wait is on

friends, disclosure meeting date is set for my case... million thoughts in my head. looking for some strategies to best cope
Old 09-28-2018, 02:04 AM

Fatherof1 is on a distinguished road

I don't know the circumstances of your case, but I am also in the "waiting" phase of my case. It's tough.
Find something to do to take your mind off of it.
Set time aside to prepare for your meeting, do all you can do, but don't overwhelm yourself. If you have time, like a month or months, then you can do it slowly, it doesn't all have to be done in one day.
Even writing out a layout for preparation can help you feel better cause the groundwork is there laid out.
Don't ruminate on the worst outcome. Stay positive.
Even if people try to say, well you know it COULD happen, just push that to the side. For myself I know that I need to have a warrior's mentality, a winning mentality to be able to overcome the madness that is a court case.
Watch some good TV, if you can exercise then absolutely do it, get back into some hobbies or connect with friends. Stay social.
Get enough sleep. Eat well, try not to eat too much sugar.
If you have a spiritual life, connect to your faith.
Whatever the case is put time aside to care for yourself.
Listen to positive hypnosis audio on youtube, it always helps me feel better.
Be productive and when you find yourself thinking non-stop, be firm with yourself and say no, either I'm gonna do something like write out some ideas on how to advance in this position I'm in, or I'm gonna find something else to do that will be fun/entertaining.
Good luck with your case.