Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 11-22-2021, 09:25 PM

Brampton33 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am surprised by your lawyer's statements. Read Warcop v. Warcop, 2009 CanLII 6423 (ON SC).

That was a classic case of high conflict. In the end, joint custody and 50/50 parenting was awarded- as the best interests of the child. Ensuring that the child sees both parents as equal parents, and not one above the other in any regard.

For parents who claim they cannot communicate with the other, there is a wonderful thing called "technology" these days. In Warcop v Warcop, a log book was utilized. In most cases nowadays, judges order the use of a platform such as Our Family Wizard, which ensures that discussions are child-focused and friendly in tone.

Moreover, should it happen that you disagree with your ex on a decision-making situation, court orders generally include a dispute resolution clause where you seek mediation. The courts do not want to re-see people on every issue that arises, nor should you go running to court over decision-making aspects of parenting your kids. You are expected to learn to set aside your differences and do whats best for your kids.

Last edited by Brampton33; 11-22-2021 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-22-2021, 10:42 PM

helenj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brampton33 View Post
I am surprised by your lawyer's statements. Read Warcop v. Warcop, 2009 CanLII 6423 (ON SC).

That was a classic case of high conflict. In the end, joint custody and 50/50 parenting was awarded- as the best interests of the child. Ensuring that the child sees both parents as equal parents, and not one above the other in any regard.

For parents who claim they cannot communicate with the other, there is a wonderful thing called "technology" these days. In Warcop v Warcop, a log book was utilized. In most cases nowadays, judges order the use of a platform such as Our Family Wizard, which ensures that discussions are child-focused and friendly in tone.

Moreover, should it happen that you disagree with your ex on a decision-making situation, court orders generally include a dispute resolution clause where you seek mediation. The courts do not want to re-see people on every issue that arises, nor should you go running to court over decision-making aspects of parenting your kids. You are expected to learn to set aside your differences and do whats best for your kids.
Thank you for citing the case! I'm going to look it up and send her the case. I've had some trust issues with this lawyer on several things and am considering a change of counsel, although my trial is like 3-4 months away :-S

Thanks again!
Old 11-23-2021, 10:28 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brampton33 View Post
I am not it is "Parallel Parenting" which is a very common option order by Justices and a great option for high-conflict parents.

Start here: V.K. v. T.S., 2011 ONSC

FYI: V.K. v. T.S. the father knows WorkingDad and this case was cited in the EPIC Izyuk v. Bilousov, 2011 ONSC 6451. Which BTW, as you are new, was crowd sourced on this very forum. You should look up WorkingDad and read every post he ever made.

200+ citing's on Izyuk v. Bilousov and number of articles written about it all. This case CHANGED family law and probably influenced the outcome of your own case Brampton33. This case sent ripples through the entire family law system. Doubt there is a lawyer who hasn't read this case law... OCL changed how they made recommendations... It was a major major case that is studied by law students.

Last edited by Tayken; 11-23-2021 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-23-2021, 02:28 PM

helenj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
I am not it is "Parallel Parenting" which is a very common option order by Justices and a great option for high-conflict parents.

Start here: V.K. v. T.S., 2011 ONSC

FYI: V.K. v. T.S. the father knows WorkingDad and this case was cited in the EPIC Izyuk v. Bilousov, 2011 ONSC 6451. Which BTW, as you are new, was crowd sourced on this very forum. You should look up WorkingDad and read every post he ever made.

200+ citing's on Izyuk v. Bilousov and number of articles written about it all. This case CHANGED family law and probably influenced the outcome of your own case Brampton33. This case sent ripples through the entire family law system. Doubt there is a lawyer who hasn't read this case law... OCL changed how they made recommendations... It was a major major case that is studied by law students.
Yes, this forum is quite amazing. I am a member of several other websites, and there is nothing as unique as this site, in-part thanks to members like yourself.

I will get started on this case today and the other one as well and lookup WorkingDad.

Thanks so much!