Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 10-12-2021, 09:21 AM

trueblue22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Stopping support payments

Hi everyone,

Can my ex stop paying me the voluntary amounts of support he is currently paying? My ex had his lawyer inform me he will only pay for expenses that still have his name on it but will not be transferring me any cash payments for other expenses unless I provide financial disclosure and a signed separation agreement.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:38 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

If there is no order for spousal then yes he can. He is still paying the various expenses which were covered in his voluntary payments which is something he may be ordered to do. As for spousal, you may have reached your entitlement.

Its been months, send the bloody financial disclosure. You are being unreasonable!
Old 10-12-2021, 10:34 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

he can do it and I am surprised he never did it earlier.

Like rockscan said, you are being and have been unreasonable.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:42 PM

trueblue22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Since there is no agreement it's considered child support (which is less than what I should be getting based on dummy calculations). He would be stopping the child support cash payments which would make him look bad. I would be able to retroactively get this money back in front of a judge wouldn't I?
Old 10-12-2021, 12:52 PM

Kkc is on a distinguished road

I can't have a worry that this all will blow up in your face, I get the sense that pieces of the story are omitted from your posts because they do not quite add up.

Your best bet, do financial disclosure and have lawyer work on the issue. Do not be focused on what will make him look bad when not providing disclosure is just as bad. The voluntary payments vs what SS/CS would be is tricky and may need a bigger analysis. Just get on the motions/resolutions/mediation right away and do not be unreasonable in your expectations
Old 10-12-2021, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue22 View Post
Since there is no agreement it's considered child support (which is less than what I should be getting based on dummy calculations). He would be stopping the child support cash payments which would make him look bad. I would be able to retroactively get this money back in front of a judge wouldn't I?

I doubt its child support and if you have offset then he is probably basing it off of what you were making since he HAS NO FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE FROM YOU to update it.

So no, if he is paying what he owes in an offset situation based on the only income he has verified. If you want your income changed you have to a) provide disclosure and b) provide an argument as to why you shouldnt have $150k imputed to you.

Hes paying the bills that would be pid by his support and since you dont have an agreement, he can simply say he paid directly as he wasnt sure of what your income was or what expenses you were paying.

Stop dragging this out. You may now be running the risk of losing more than your home.
Old 10-12-2021, 05:26 PM

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

True Blue you need someone that is not a lawyer handle your legal stuff with your lawyer to give you a better sense of reason.

Just saying.
Old 10-12-2021, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkHouses View Post
True Blue you need someone that is not a lawyer handle your legal stuff with your lawyer to give you a better sense of reason.

Just saying.

No she needs to pull her head out of her ass and stop making bone head decisions like withholding financial disclosure.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:41 PM

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
No she needs to pull her head out of her ass and stop making bone head decisions like withholding financial disclosure.

What ever obvious things like she should be disclosing....

Do you really think she is going going to change for your words.
She clearly isn't thinking clearly and needs a guide,. Not giving her an excuse, she has to own up to what she did, beg forgiveness and get her stuff over so she can move on.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:21 PM

She has a guide, its her lawyer. Considering she has spent $75,000 and still refuses to provide financial disclosure, a guide isnt going to do anything.