Coping mechanism(s) for missing your kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coping mechanism(s) for missing your kids

I am a non custodial parent that has not seen my child in 6 weeks. With all the craziness happening around the world right now, the added stress of not being able to connect with my daughter has me about to lose my mind.

Anyone offer any advice or coping mechanisms that would lesson the stress and pain?

Do you have an order/agreement for parenting time? Send your ex Pazaratz’s order that is pinned on this forum and remind your ex you are entitled to your parenting time.

My husband hasn’t seen his kids in years. His kids live in a hot spot and are immunocompromised. I suggest you send a simple message if you can to let them know you are thinking of them or call.

Otherwise I suggest you not read/watch as much news and hope their other parent is keeping them safe.

Comment

My ex has concerns about our daughter traveling back and forth between our households and I share those concerns. So as hard a decision as it was, I have not pushed for access during my visitation time during this pandemic. I can only reach our daughter through my ex’s phone and my calls are almost always ignored or responded to with “she’s too busy” or “she doesn’t feel like talking”. It’s scary times for everyone so I don’t want to escalate, just trying to find ways to cope with missing her before I lose it.

Comment

I am here to say escalate it. My ex kept my kids from me, refused to follow our court order and agreement, and filled their heafs with nit only how unsafe my home is, but me in general. Do not lie back! Tell your ex that you and she are to follow whatever agreement you have or you are filing an urgent motion. Your child needs both of you right now. Do not allow her to run the show. No child is ever too busy to talk with their other parent, thats complete bs.

Comment

Originally posted by tonytwist View Post
          My ex has concerns about our daughter traveling back and forth between our households and I share those concerns. So as hard a decision as it was, I have not pushed for access during my visitation time during this pandemic. I can only reach our daughter through my ex’s phone and my calls are almost always ignored or responded to with “she’s too busy” or “she doesn’t feel like talking”. It’s scary times for everyone so I don’t want to escalate, just trying to find ways to cope with missing her before I lose it.
          Are there any reasons for you or for her to believe that there are unsafe conditions at either residence such as social gatherings, family coming in and out etc?
          If not then the risks are most probably minimal.
          Follow the Public Health Agency recommendations.
          Download the Pazaratz order and send it to her and follow the advice of many parents and others here.
          In general the best interests of the children are maximal contact with each parent.
          Unless there is a reason otherwise you should be following this not for you, for the kids.

Comment

Don't think it is necessary to ease the pain as it's natural to miss your child. It's great that you are not one from those parents who never see their kids. If you and your ex are concerned about safety, why not take a moving service like Toronto Car rental and so on?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X