Looking for Statisician

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
    What role did your son’s violence play in it? Did your son dispute the OCL report? Has he requested drug and alcohol screening for his ex?
    As I had said in an earlier post; she told the OPP Family Unit officer our son had called for advice, that he was not violent. At first she said she just needed space; then she said he made her feel inadequate but I gather later she claimed he was violent to Ottawa Housing and Legal Aid; how else could she get a three bedroom townhouse on short notice and legal aid for five years? We know people in need of subsidized housing who have been waiting for years; she did it in three months. Well that’s our suspicion. She has never to my knowledge said he was violent in testimony or affidavit. She is the violent one as I have touched on in earlier posts and she doesn’t care one whit if the children are present or not. We have some of her outbursts on video but the court never saw them. I don’t think the OCL looked at them and have no idea if CAS has viewed them or not but they did definitely have them.

Our son voluntarily took drug tests at an accredited lab because she had accused him of drug use and of course we wanted her to. The closest we came, was a last minute urine test done in the washroom at her lawyers office that they; she and her lawyer; had the temerity to pretentiously disclose as a drug test in their lengthy affidavit...without the qualifier that it was done in the washroom of course.

I don’t recall whether we disputed the OCL report or not.

Comment

There’s a lot of information missing and it’s hard to give advice to you on other avenues. I’m not saying you are lying, I’m saying there are some big pieces missing. Some of the things you focus on (like hiring a statistician) are irrelevant and you gloss over important stuff like reasons for decision.

While his ex may have lied to the court, there was evidence the judge would have used. Judges are not stupid or easily swayed. These people have been lawyers for years in their field and then appointed to the position of authority. They see custody cases daily. They read multitudes of affidavits, reports, evidence and hear witness testimony. They know the experts in these cases and they see their reports and recommendations. You give your son’s ex too much credit in getting what she wants. SOMETHING in the initial changes caused the judge to feel it was the lesser of the two evils.

If this is a motion to change custody then he would have had to demonstrate a material change that would trigger custody changes. Has his lawyer said anything about what that is and if it will meet the conditions of the court?

There are a lot of people here who have a lot of experience with custody and they could provide a great deal of insight and advice but there is a lot missing. I say this to help you when you ask further questions for your son’s case.

With respect to your question in this thread I believe you have your answer.

Comment

Your focus could be on ensuring your son is the absolute most rock solid dad ever instead of building your case to discredit the sole custodian and claiming that the judge erred.
        If you really want help t do what is best for these kids then anwer the questions about the custody award.
        There are many very experienced folks here (and I am certainly not one of the most experienced) who will give you very good information but only if you are fully transparent and not trying to plead your case against the mother.
        So again, what were the reasons in the ruling for sole custody. Not your interpretation. What did the judge specifically rule.

Comment

I appreciate the feedback and advice and will re-read the reasons for the decision

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X