This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Positively Communicate with EX-wife

I am having a difficult time communicating with my ex over issues surrounding our 2 children. I found out today that she did not pay for medical expenses for our son from back in March and April. I found this out from the psychologist when he called me and let me know that the summary I requested was ready. I had sent several emails to my ex over the past few months about the receipts for the sessions for my son with this psychologist so that I could submit them and reimburse her, this is the process we have followed now for 2 years for other medical bills. She did not respond to my emails so I stopped asking for the receipts and instead sent her an email advising her that I would not be held responsible for late payments of bills if I did not receive the bills from her within a timely manner. Then today I am informed of the outstanding bill. So I sent her an email about the bill and we agreed to cover half of it each. I also asked her to inform me in the future of any outstanding medical/dental bills for our children so that I can arrange to pay them if she has not. All I expected to hear from her was a "sure, no problem" instead I get an email with her reason of why she did not pay the bill and that she did not intentionally not pay it. She did not respond to my request that she would let me know. Her responses are very emotional and I simply do not know how to effectively communicate with her other than to repeat my request. My response to her was that I did not understand why she did not tell me herself and that my only concern was that she let me know in the future. If anyone knows of a more effective way of communicating with an ex please let me in on how you do it. Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Communication what is that.

I really wish I knew for you.

I'm in the same boat my children are getting braces. Both our plans cover 100% of the cost. She has been provided with all of the paperwork for lets say 12 months now and hasn't submitted one claim for reimbursment. We had a case conference at the beginning of June and she had the nerve to try to get me to pay the her $5000.00 for the expense she says she was stuck with. Are you kidding me. They try and try to make you look bad and you better be on your toes when you go to court because one slip and the judge is ordering you to pay this amount.

My ex just needs to submit to her insurance company and the paperwork she receives back is then sent to my plan and then I reimburse her directly within days. I've sent this to her via email and to her lawyer and they still haven't done anything with it. Does this make any sense at all. To be thousands of dollars out of pocket and not submit a claim that is fully paid for.

I think she claimed this as and expense on her income tax and this is why she hasn't submitted it. I can't see why else you would not submit it. This is fraud claiming an expense that is fully covered.

As far as communication goes you can try but if they have their own agenda they are not going to listen. Our Family court system is funny she won't pay the bill but you will get stuck holding the bag. I think you have communicated fine to her, but now you just need to document everything. You will need this later when you takes you to court for expenses. And yes sorry to tell you she eventually will.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X