Daycare fees versus Public Junior Kindergarten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by helenj View Post
    The only thing is that we were still a couple when my older son went to private JK so it was more affordable.
    That is the tried, true and tested definition of "status quo". You did it prior to separation and will be expected to continue it afterwards.

Originally posted by helenj View Post
    Now, I am paying lawyers and separate rent.

So, you're saying there is a chance a Judge may look at the previous status quo and order it for the younger kid? I guess in this instance I Have to show my financial situation?
    Yes. The probability of the judge, when making a civil determination on "the balance of probabilities" will determine that your past conduct of having the child in private school is indeed status quo and should continue for both children.

The judge may not care about your current financial situation, your legal bills, etc... You won't be paying for a lawyer forever hopefully. But, again that is determined by how much compromise you are willing to make on your position (as well as the other party in your matter) and bring the whole situation to swift and FINAL settlement.

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

Hi all,
      Thanks for all the replies.

So an update:

She's saying she will continue paying for it and then ask the Judge during Trial for me to pay my portion.

Comment

Clearly state that you disagree with her decision because it is not in the best interests of your child.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X