No announcement yet.

2015 Annual Denial of Christmas/Holiday Access Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if the ex asked the kids to go see the movie with him first then no sense in getting ticked off about it. In fact if that was the case then you should be proud of your kids living up to what they agree to. Just tell them you have first dibs when the next one comes out to see it with them, if there is a next one.

Go see it in a sat afternoon matinee with a gf or by yourself. Less crowded. I saw all three "lord of the rings" movies by myself even though I was married at the time.

Comment

Perhaps show up at ex's house uninvited?

Walk in with a hostess gift (brilliantly wrapped of course) with a big "Merry Christmas" everyone!

Talk about awkward. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
        What ODF (and other sources) has cranked in to my skull is that physical dates need to be forgotten. B-days, X-mas, etc have no date. You can recreate the magic, take pictures, etc .. and the kids will have this stored in their long term memory.

Dates dont matter ... it's the memories created during that time.
        Couldn't agree more! I was supposed to have S2 for Christmas Eve according to our agreement and the regular schedule.

I've recently been promoted to management at work (retail), so that means working all day tomorrow . Instead of sweating it, I asked my ex for the 23rd and of course she was happy to have both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I will have S2 after Christmas from the 26th to the 28th.

I debated waiting until the 26th to give S2 his gifts from me but opted to give them to him today without the mad scramble of extended family and the other little cousins running around.

It was so cute to see how excited S2 was to rip off the wrapping paper and find out what was inside. Without a crowd or any pressure, we were able to take each of his new toys out of the packaging and explore it together before he opened the next one.

I didn't go overboard buying him stuff and was very glad that each one of his 3 new toys was a hit! My mom got some great pics of him opening his presents and of us down on the floor putting his wooden train set together.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

YD23

Comment

@YD23 - sounds like you had a great Christmas day. Definitely sounds like you and your son had a great day.

Sitting at my father's house. This was supposed to be the time when my daughter was going to meet my family. A little tough as the thoughts float constantly on my mind.

Trying to put my active effort on the three kids with me. My autistic son has had a great experience so far. He put some thought into what to get his sisters for Christmas, instead of trying to get stuff that he's enjoy as well. The girls have been doing a lot of painting, and keeping my dad busy.

I've had the opportunity to reconnect with some old friends. We've chatted online about the stuff going on, but it was good to get advice from a (trademark) lawyer and financial planner on what's going on in my life. I think I've now got a viable plan B. Just trying to put the last pieces of the plan together and get rolling on it.

Comment

@nfc4ever - it has to hurt if you thought this was the Christmas your daughter was going to meet her extended family on your side.

I don't expect the holidays going forward to be as simple as this year. Neither my ex or I have partners right now or any other children to consider.

I'm sure once we do and S2 gets old enough to voice his own preferences, things will get more complicated. I'm just enjoying the reduced stress of being done with court (for now).

My biggest and most amazing Christmas gift this year was getting joint custody of S2 settled without going to trial and having a final order put in place.

Comment

YoungDad,

I hope my situation mirrors yours. I have a Legal Aid Mediation on Jan 6th then a TMC on the 11th. I would love to not have court on the back of my mind just for a month...hell....for a week.

Missing D4 like crazy now. My g/f worked all day so I literally shopped, cleaned and cooked to keep my mind busy. She came home to a delicious roast and floors you could eat off. lol

But both D4 and her D9 are at the other parents, so we're here looking at pictures and sipping egg nog. I still wish my ex wouldn't have denied phone/skype to our daughter during this 12 day gap .. it would mean so much to both of us.

I hope you're having a magical X-mas eve in QC my love...daddy will see you soon. (Thanks for this thread .. tad emotional .. feels good to talk about it.

Merry X-Mas to all odf posters. Enjoy every second of it with your kidlets ... because you never know when your child will be wrongfully abducted or denied access by a hostile ex. Cheers!

LF32

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X