This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekday Overnights

Anyone have research on the effects - positive or negative - of children staying overnight during the week (school nights) at the non-primary parents (dad's) home. Trying to look at the evidence to support of contradict the child should have one place to sleep - one bed - during the week.

Note, in our case we have a father that can be at home in the morning to see the child off to school, and the child has a half sibling and step sibling in our home to share bedtime and morning rituals with.

thanks

Look for material supporting a 50/50 shared residency as you will likely find supporting information in there.

I'm also interested in hearing from others on this issue.

Also, keep in mind that you are dealing with the best interests of YOUR children so any information you find should be applicable to your specific situation.

Comment

Will the kid have homework support on that night? That's one argument I could see coming up.

Comment

Perhaps we should inquire as to whether the child would be fed that night as well?

Seriously, if it's a parenting issue, one should assume the person currently parenting will parent.

Comment

I got the sense that Dad would not be available in the evening, only in the morning (perhaps a late shift?) - maybe Dad's partner - though there should be nothing wrong with that.
          Or maybe I'm reading too much into the post.

Comment

It really shouldn't matter. Dad is free to do what he chooses when he chooses during his parenting time. Unless he's doing something illegal, dangerous or neglectful to the child, he really shouldn't have to defend his desire to have the child at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
              ..., he really shouldn't have to defend his desire to have the child at any time.
              Nice idea ...

Comment

Nope, weekday overnight schedule could be arranged on dads days off so that dad available for after school, evening and morning. Her big thing is one "bed" during school, just visits with dad. and this judge apparently is old school and feels same...however believer of liberal access for dad on weekends, holidays etc. and right of first refusal for dad. But I am pro shared parenting. Apparently some still live in another era. Also...I agree, even if new spouse home, why matter. Doesn't seem to matter for dad that her new spouse tends to the child when she is not around. Apparently he has no insecurities while she does. And her jealousy and resentment are toxic emotions.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X