Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help yourself to help your lawyer...Divorce Resource Canada...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help yourself to help your lawyer...Divorce Resource Canada...

A great divorce resource... Divorce Resource Canada

http://www.divorceresourcecanada.com

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the helpful link. I think I am going to give the ultra kit a try. I thought it seemed expensive but when you consider that it is only 30 min with your lawyer then it seems relatively inexpensive!

I have a question for you. I read your profile and see that you have had custody of your children for 11 years with your wife only seeing them a few times a month. Do you mind if I ask you if you have sole custody or joint?

Sally

Comment

Hi Sally,

Sure, I don't mind a bit...

I actually have 'joint' custody / primary guardianship. Meaning that I raise both of my kids on my own, full-time, i.e. get them up in the morning, take them to school, make them dinner, make sure they eat it and take the flack when they don't like what I made, help them with their homework etc. etc. etc. ... the only thing that separates the 'joint' from the 'sole' custody is that their mother is permitted to have parent/teacher interviews, make a decision on a medical issue if I'm not with them and get medical information on them, essentially, it means that she's still legally a guardian but in practice it may as well be 'sole' custody in my case because their mom is not an interested parent at all. In-fact, she is permitted to see them more than she does, she has never excercised the full amount of 'access' that she was granted so I've been raising them pretty much all by myself since our initial separation.

You're very welcome for the link... I agree - when you consider the cost of getting that much info from an LL.B., it doesn't seem like much to pay for a kit like that at all.

How's your situation going?

Dan

Comment

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the information. I guess I am getting caught up in the sole custody/joint custody control issue. My husband does want to be involved with our children but seems to only want to see them when it is convenient for him. He says he has to work, which he does work away from home a lot, as the main issue for not being able to see the kids. My thinking is that if he only wants to see them a couple of times a month or every few months then why should he have the same legal entitlements as me who raises them day in and day out. I would like him to see them more but I can't force him to do anything and in the end I think I am the lucky one because I get to spend all of my time with them!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X