16 days to court...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 days to court...

And my partners lawyer has done nothing...

I am so unimpressed, my partner contacted him when his income when down by 50%, his lawyer didnt suggest trying to change the interim agreement...

He emailed him last Monday...no response.. I convinced him to call this Monday..he responded with hadnt read anything yet..would read and get back to him later that day...that was Monday...todayis Wednesday, not a word.

I do not feel confident about this at all, and I think he is going to get financially screwed in court as his ex seems to have a much better lawyer.

16 days and counting...

Has the lawyer filed the necessary paperwork?

Remember your partner is not the only client this lawyer has. They could be dealing with court dates for others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

16 days is a long time.
      Is this for a conference, motion or trial?
      Sounds like you're just looking for expensive updates before anything is done. Trust your lawyer until you have a valid reason not to.

Comment

Trial...they were too far apart the last time they went to court...so no clue

Comment

Are you sure it's not a trial management conference?

Have you already done the trial record and document brief?

Comment

No I am not sure...they went to a case conference..then to a meeting with a judge..and an interim agreement was lut in place...for 3 months then covid hit...he is getting sick ei of 2100 a month..she gets 5100...fun times not

Comment

Got the proper wording: and I quote

The matter on Jan 29 is simply a trial scheduling appointment conference, which is simply a process to determine how long a trial would take and to set dates. Nothing would happen on that date, an as such I have agreed to "other lawyers names" request to adjourn the matter to March 5th

This is getting downright depressing, I have my own issues with my ex, but all the court stuff and payments were settled within a year of seperation.

My partner and his ex are now coming up on 3 years of seperation and nohing is settled. Hes living off of sick leave ei...she has a completely mortgage free house, and receives double the amt of income he does...plus he pays her 75% of his ei, due to an interim agreement, that was supposed to be in place for 2 months...now a year later

Just frustrating. Thanks for reading

Comment

Canthisberight what you are going through with 3 year delay is perfectly normal. Now imagine you were in my shoes, with litigation having delayed any settlement whatsoever in any way shape or form for “10 years” now! We have another trial date booked in the coming months and I hope this time it sticks!

Comment

Ya I was going to say three years is nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stillbreathing View Post
                    Canthisberight what you are going through with 3 year delay is perfectly normal. Now imagine you were in my shoes, with litigation having delayed any settlement whatsoever in any way shape or form for “10 years” now! We have another trial date booked in the coming months and I hope this time it sticks!
                    Oh no..my own was signed and sealed in less then a year...lots of support payments..no property involved

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X