X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Star article

Found this one interesting

Toronto News: Hey judge, where’s my ruling? - thestar.com

She is upset about the late ruling because she is trying to get costs for her lawyer for trial from a guy who did not have the money to have his own lawyer and has had to declare bankruptcy. She is refusing to sell the marital home or buy him out of it. I was about to cry a river for this woman but instead I just wrote the person who wrote the article. I wonder how many tears would be shed for a delayed ruling in a PAS case or something to do about a father not seeing their kids.

He isn't paying child support and she can't an order for the fro.

The guy dragged it all the way to trial and still isn't supporting his kids? And you feel sorry for him? You are a real piece of work yourself.

Comment

I am saying there are 2 sides to a story. Nobody knows who dragged who to trial unless I misread something, nobody knows the age of the kids either or what the custody arrangement is. All we know is that 2 people went to trial, 1 was unrepresented and 1 was represented. We know that 1 of them owns a business and 1 declared bankruptcy. We also know that one of them has not bought the other out of the matrimonial home, and will not sell it either. I probably am a piece of work, but your the Mess lol. :P
      Given the few facts in this story you cannot come up with much. Just thought the story was a bit funny. I cannot feel much for either in this case since we only know 1 side, and its only the surface of the story.
      See, from what I see. Its a woman who owns a business, went to trial with a high priced lawyer against a guy who could not afford one. Now she wants costs for the trial to pay for her lawyer from someone who could not pay for one himself. He is bankrupt and totally broke and now she is trying to get blood from a stone, and she refuses to divide the assets which could be why he cannot afford support since she has the assets from the marriage.

Comment

What I see is a guy who wasn't paying child support.

What I see is a guy who refused to settle out of court.

What I see is a guy who was given a reasonable offer to settle, or he wouldn't have been paying costs.

What I see is you with blinders on.

Comment

Thats cool, you think I am blind, I think that you may be angry. Simple really. Neither of us know more that what was written( I am guessing) and now your are throwing a hissy fit. Kind of amusing actually. I did not read about him not paying support (before the trial, I agree he is not after the trial), nowhere did it say he refused to settle out of court, and nowhere does it say he was offered a reasonable settlement either. Unless I did not read the same article I believe you are coming up with conclusions based on what you know, and I am coming up with them based on what I know.

Comment

They would not have issued costs against him unless there was reasonable offer to settle on the table.

He hasn't been paying CS, that is in the article.

He could have settled out of court, anyone can.

I can have all the hissy fits I want, there's nothing you can do about it, sonny.

Comment

Who are you calling Sonny there old man, lol.
              From what I have seen in my case, what can be a reasonable offer to settle to 1 judge may be a bit confusing. In my case, my ex wanted to move 2 hours away. I had an OCL report recommending that she remain in our home town, case law to support it and we had a case conference where the judge strongly suggested that she drop it and stay in town. At the motion she got everything and I got a nasty costs award. That is just from what I have seen though, everyone's case is different.

Also, I can only find that he is not currently paying support, but nothing about him not paying before the trial (very well could not have been paying for all I know). Not enough facts to argue this one very well though I think.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X