X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dealing with a control freak ex

hi guys and Gals
    my ex keeps playing games amd I am looking for advice
    the ex and my kids live six hours away so once a mouth i see my kids , we meet at a 3 hour half away point , its in our court order that if she or i return the kids to the other persons door step we are to be paid $150 for gas and travel,
    on two ocassions i returned them to her and recived nothing but lip
    so this past week she had a friend drop them off at my house as this person was passing thru , the ex came to town to spend time with her daughter from another marriage and picked up the boys, demanding payment of 150 dollars for doing so , i refused on the grounds that she hadnt payed me when i did the same ,
    i am supposed to get their report cards and she always forgets them and never provides me with her tax assesments as per the the court order ,
    she sent me a text today saying she will not bring the the boys or allow visitation till i pay her,
    my question is going to court how many others have delt with a mother who ignores the court order does what ever she wants
    i am i going to get any where with the ontario courts if i take her back to court for acting like this ??? or is it true she gets a slap on the wrist were as if i did this kinda shit to her i would have the book thrown at me ,
    any insight would be great
    taking her to court means 3 days off work 12 hours of driving just to deal with her nonsense ,
    any thoughts
    thanks

Another unenforceable clause in a separation agreement. Not much can be done. Go pick up your kids for your time with them and tell her she has to do the same. That way you are always even.

Comment

that means 24 hours of driving to pick up and return them for a two day visit once a month your joking and what about her refusing to let me see them ??

Comment

It takes more than one incident. This is what happens when you have unenforceable clauses in your agreement. You will have to document several (probably at least half a dozen), go to court, mom will get a slap on the wrist and repeat

Comment

Originally posted by nomad View Post
          that means 24 hours of driving to pick up and return them for a two day visit once a month your joking and what about her refusing to let me see them ??
          I think that B-F meant that you drive to pick them up..6 hours there and 6 hours back..and your ex picks them up at your place at the end of the parenting time.. That way you each are driving 12 hours in one weekend in one day.

Comment

In the past she has refused to pick up the kids so not sure that she would come and pick them up she wants me to do all the driving pick up and return
            What's the point of court orders if they aren't inforced ???

Comment

I can just see that backfiring. The ex could just decide not to show, and call the cops saying that Nomad didn't return the kids per our agreement.

The halfway point is the better option IMHO. If she doesn't show for a handover then its her bad, and after two or three then I would go back to court.

Though you are within your rights to go back to court the cost for $120 are not worth it. You can try and negotiate an amendment, but your asking a control freak to budge.

Comment

maybe try this..say you will pay her. Then when she asks where her money is tell her you put it against her account and she still owes you 150.

Comment

I agree with what your saying she would lie and love to say I am failing to return them to her and try and get me busted I guess my only option is to file court papers and get an iron glad agreement

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X