Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 09-24-2021, 12:02 PM

easter is on a distinguished road
Default Blacklisted by lawyers

Hello to all, I am new to your site and appreciate any help. I have been blacklisted by lawyers in my province. Does anyone have any advice on dealing with it?

And how long do I have after trial to get access to an account where I believe money is hidden? I didn't appeal decision.
Old 09-24-2021, 12:31 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Well if youve been blacklisted you have been either unreasonable or extremely difficult or both. More than likely both. To deal with it you need to take a step back, look at your actions, understand why the lawyers have decided you are blacklisted and change your behaviour.

As for the account, if you were not provided access through the court process then you are most likely NOT ENTITLED TO IT which means there is no way to get to it.

Check yourself. Your circumstances are the result of your actions not someone elses fault.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:34 PM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

Being blacklisted by lawyers means that you are on a list amongst the legal community of persons not to deal with. Its either you were unreasonable, difficult, argumentative, didn't pay, didn't listen, acted contrary to advice, or any/all of the above. You may wish to contact a former lawyer of yours and ask if they are willing to have a conversation with you so that you can better understand why you are blacklisted. That is, if they are even willing to talk to you.

Lawyers get to choose their clients. Lawyers have a reputation and careers to uphold. If you are blacklisted, it means that representing you may be detrimental to a lawyer's reputation/career.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:42 PM

Thanks rockscan for the response. I do not believe that I am unreasonable or extremely difficult to deal with. You are very quick to judge when you are not aware of circumstances. I am sure most will agree that not all lawyers are fit to hold their license to practice law.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easter View Post
I am sure most will agree that not all lawyers are fit to hold their license to practice law.
This sentence alone leads me to believe Rockscan (and I) are likely not far off in our suspicions of why you are backlisted.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Thanks rockscan for the response. I do not believe that I am unreasonable or extremely difficult to deal with. You are very quick to judge when you are not aware of circumstances. I am sure most will agree that not all lawyers are fit to hold their license to practice law.

You came here announcing you were blacklisted in your PROVINCE. Not just your city or regional area but your province. There are A LOT of lawyers in a province. The number of those unfit to hold a license is much smaller in that total. To be blacklisted by all of them speak volumes about you than them.

Your response also leads me to my belief since it is pretty standard for difficult people to use when on the defensive but please, share the details I need to know to not jump to judgement.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:09 PM

I have been told by two different prominent lawyers that the lawyer who represented me should be sued. Both had access to my file. But when they obviously checked my name they dropped me. Could they both be wrong in their statements?
Old 09-24-2021, 02:24 PM

Likely what transpired is that you told YOUR side of the story and the two lawyers said what they said. Then they checked up your name and got the WHOLE story, and dropped you for the reasons they uncovered.
Old 09-24-2021, 04:26 PM

Default Blacklisted by lawyers

Quote:
I have been told by two different prominent lawyers that the lawyer who represented me should be sued. Both had access to my file. But when they obviously checked my name they dropped me. Could they both be wrong in their statements?

Some lawyers are like sharks and can smell blood in the water. Some also believe every sob story that comes in the door. Even if they had your file before your appointment, they dont actually read it. Which means you went in, told them your version, they told you what they thought based on that version and then after reading your file, ran in the other direction.

Its pretty easy to claim youve been a victim but when theres a file to review and they see that you werent actually a victim, you arent actually a victim.

I also note too that you said some lawyers should have their licenses taken away yet you note prominent lawyers in justifying your behaviour. You cant have it both waysbitch about lawyers but then say they support your side. Those two who told you what you wanted to hear before doing the leg work are not great lawyers.
Old 09-24-2021, 07:26 PM

I was hoping this site was going to be helpful, but it seems that some members are quick to judge and have an axe to grind. Good conversation and maybe a little insight was what I was expecting.