Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 09-24-2021, 10:22 PM

Stillbreathing will become famous soon enough

You asked for advice on how to deal with being blacklisted and were given the sound advice to speak to one of the lawyers who blacklisted you if they will take the time to speak to you. If you don’t want to follow that advice that’s up to you.

You also asked for advice on how long after trial you have to access an account where you believe money was hidden. Rocksan answered that question as well, saying that if you were not granted access to that account during trial you are not likely entitled to any access to that account.

Both of your questions were in fact answered by members on this forum. You may not have agreed or liked the answers but they were provided. I doubt that you have been blacklisted from an entire province as that seems to be extreme. If you have been blacklisted in your city you can contact a lawyer from a different city for a consultation to answer your questions. If you have truely been blacklisted from your province you can contact a lawyer from another province but they may not give you the time of day because laws differ from province to province. You can also search canlii to see if there are any cases similar to yours.

If you have already gone to trial why are you not just accepting the final orders and moving on with your life instead of dwelling on the past? Let it go. Chalk it up to experience and move on.
Old 09-25-2021, 04:31 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by easter View Post
I was hoping this site was going to be helpful, but it seems that some members are quick to judge and have an axe to grind. Good conversation and maybe a little insight was what I was expecting.

I dont have any axes to grind. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its a duck. To say you were blacklisted speaks volumes.

But like I said, please feel free to argue as to why we should not see you as untouchable. Im curious now.
Old 09-26-2021, 12:55 PM

easter is on a distinguished road

I just had a look at the list of lawyers who were reprimanded in Ontario in 2021. We still have a couple of months to go and we have had 420+ so far. Is it possible that I may have dealt with someone in this group?
Old 09-26-2021, 01:40 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by easter View Post
I just had a look at the list of lawyers who were reprimanded in Ontario in 2021. We still have a couple of months to go and we have had 420+ so far. Is it possible that I may have dealt with someone in this group?

You said you were blacklisted by laywers which means you were the problem.

Being reprimanded can be for many things but never because they fired a client for being difficult.
Old 09-28-2021, 09:57 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Blacklisted? Never heard of this before.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:53 PM

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where the doctors are writing things in their chart and sharing information between each other but won't tell Jerry or whoever what they wrote (it was probably George).

1)
There is no blacklist but lawyers do talk to each other. So, be honest, why do they not say nice things about you?

2)
The system makes it easier to be a dirty lawyer then a goodie goodie so we end up with what we have.
Lawyers are often very narcassistic, that doesn't help.
They make mistakes and hide those from their clients, they don't want to give money back.
They will whipser sweet nothings in your ear telling you "you can get more", "you can break that deal you made just pay me and I will fight for you" and they will do it over the stupidest things. Many just want your money.

You can have a lawyer that is on a limited retainer.
-They will give you legal advice, review your letters, write your materials, they can also show up in court for you. Maybe that is what you need.

I hate to say this but you may also need some mental health help. It is a tough world and it can break/weaken the strongest. A little help to get you over this can make a huge difference.