Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old Today, 07:51 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 Mag View Post
For better and for worse.

In sickness and health.

Blah blah blah blah.

Our own Catholic Priest recommended she leave IF she wasn't happy.

Unless there is adultery, documented abuse or something else serious going on Divorces should not be so easy?

Personality conflict or squabbling over money is NOT a reason for divorce....and IF it is....well then you were never really "in love" and had no business ever getting married in the first place!!!

Why would you want to be with someone who hasnt loved you for a decade? You both stayed for the kids sure but she admitted she didnt love you. If my husband said he didnt love me anymore I would be packing my shit and moving on. I would rather be alone than miserable or around someone who is miserable. Or I might look at what is making that person miserable and work on it if possible. I really dont get you. One of the first things you learn in therapy is you cant change someone elses behaviour you can only change your reaction to it. Your reaction should be pack your shit and get the fuck out of my life.

My husbands ex married him to have kids. Plain and simple. It took him several years to realize she would never be happy but by then he stayed for the kids. She was emotionally abusive and destroyed his life. It took a major health issue for him to finally see the writing on the wall. He wasted so much time being miserable!

As much as this hurtsand yes, go through the grieving processthe bottom line is she wants out of a life you built. That says more about her than it does you. Cry it out and then get strong. You are better than her disdain for your relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk