Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rvalentines View Post
    I will focus on criminal instead - which is a year away
    I think you need to do much more than just focus on criminal stuff if you want a shot at 50/50.

In Family Court, anything goes, no matter how ludicrous. What I mean by this is mental health allegations. Anyone can fling their opinions in briefs to say “I think the other parent has mental health issues” despite the party having no clue about the topic. Is your ex a psychiatrist who can provide an educated opinion? My guess would be no. But still, Family Court gives everyone a licence and the ability to fling allegations and then your job is to dismay them. Do you fling back? No, because judges want to see you keep calm and take the high road. I would suggest to start seeing a counsellor who specializes in mental health and build a relationship. See that person OFTEN, to the point that they KNOW you well and gave no issue vouching for you. Do it proper, get an actual mental health counsellor. She alleges mental health issues? You have a witness in the professional field to discard her allegations. Then she will be the one who looks silly and shoot herself in foot for slinging mud.

Also, remember to be a star at your supervised access visits. They take excellent notes of each visit, and that will be evidence in your favour. Make it do that they shot themselves in foot for insisting on supervised access.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X